Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I use. I can usually get seals out without too much problem. Sometimes I need to bend them over and put something under the middle to act as a fulcrum.

attachment.php

I think I'm going to make a puller by chopping the handles off of two screwdrivers and threading the shank. Then tapping two holes in a piece of flat bar for them, and a center hole for a bolt.

Thanks Murph I like to make my own stuff whenever I can and yours is a good Idea. Have you ever found paint to match a partner? I am looking just for the heck of it.

puller

Does anyone have a pic of the puller for the oiler gear for 5K+? Are there any homemade solutions?

Well there are two styles oil oilers and drives, fine and coarse, fine thread is easy its standard pipe thread, get a coupler and grind the outside down till its thinner and fits inside the case housing, add a nipple and cap then drill hole threw center of cap and thread it for a 3/8 20 bolt. (one puller!!!!) I use ready rod on mine as I always ran outta threads on the bolts.

Believe its all 3/4, but can't remember now, I used salvaged parts and peices.

Most are black oiler (coarse) yellow oiler (fine) but not always

Duane

Well there are two styles oil oilers and drives, fine and coarse, fine thread is easy its standard pipe thread, get a coupler and grind the outside down till its thinner and fits inside the case housing, add a nipple and cap then drill hole threw center of cap and thread it for a 3/8 20 bolt. (one puller!!!!) I use ready rod on mine as I always ran outta threads on the bolts.

Believe its all 3/4, but can't remember now, I used salvaged parts and peices.

Most are black oiler (coarse) yellow oiler (fine) but not always

Duane

I want to try one of these ,I think it would be pretty cool to make a puller.I was going to try it earlier this winter but I read on some post? that the threads on a Partner? were not like pipe thread. So after reading that I gave up on the idea.Thinking back to wherever I read that, it is possible that he was not working on a partner at the time. maybe he just had his memory spurred by the homemade puller conversation? I hope. I dont need one now but who knows the future.

Partners

I want to try one of these ,I think it would be pretty cool to make a puller.I was going to try it earlier this winter but I read on some post? that the threads on a Partner? were not like pipe thread. So after reading that I gave up on the idea.Thinking back to wherever I read that, it is possible that he was not working on a partner at the time. maybe he just had his memory spurred by the homemade puller conversation? I hope. I dont need one now but who knows the future.

The threads on my 5000 are pipe thread but the 500 I have is a early 1982 and IS NOT pipe thread, like I said two types. If your oil pump plastic gear is yellowish and fine thread you should be good to go, if its coarse gear and black WELL???? Also my 400 Pioneer Partners are also pipe thread fine gear there 1984.
id show you picture of a crude fast one I made but loaned it out and never heard from it since, time for another to be made, just keep forgetting to stop and pic up pieces.

The threads on my 5000 are pipe thread but the 500 I have is a early 1982 and IS NOT pipe thread, like I said two types. If your oil pump plastic gear is yellowish and fine thread you should be good to go, if its coarse gear and black WELL???? Also my 400 Pioneer Partners are also pipe thread fine gear there 1984.
id show you picture of a crude fast one I made but loaned it out and never heard from it since, time for another to be made, just keep forgetting to stop and pic up pieces.

Of the worm gears I have seen so far on mine they are Black steel?

Partners

I draged out the partners for some fresh air the ones on the left are 5000 and 5000,Plus's on the right are 500'sView attachment 223004View attachment 223005View attachment 223006View attachment 223007View attachment 223008 The one's in the middle are a R517, F55a ,and a R55 ? I think that is what you call it,not sure of the letter before the "55" on that one. Sorry about all the attachment's but the other way is beyond me.:msp_biggrin:

WELL now we know that happened to all the Partner saws that used to be around!!:rock:

NICE SAWS looks like you need a few bigger Partners though! S65, P70, etc.

Great SIGNS

Duane

Jeff, I want one of those signs. :rock:

Like Duane said, there are 2 types of worm gears. One is the standard pipe thread and the other is left hand thread non-pipe thread.

Large Partners

Duane what was the latest largest partner saw? was it the 7000 plus or is there somthing even larger?

Largest is the P100 (100cc) or also known as the PM1000 in Mac form or 1020 in Jonsered form. Down from there there is the P85 (85cc), then the smaller case R SERIES: P70,7000,7000Plus then 65cc F65 S65 CS650.
Second part: Newer Partners relabeled as Jonsereds/Poulans, 82cc Poulan pro 505/Jonsered 2083, then 77cc Poulan Pro 475/Jonsered 2077, 72cc Poulan 445 (good luck finding one), 68cc pp425, 65cc 415. These were also sold in other countries labeled as Partners. (660,7700)
Then there the old vintage stuff R12 etc, I stop there.

sure I missed some too

Duane

nice signs again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Largest is the P100 (100cc) or also known as the PM1000 in Mac form or 1020 in Jonsered form. Down from there there is the P85 (85cc), then the smaller case R SERIES: P70,7000,7000Plus then 65cc F65 S65 CS650.
Second part: Newer Partners relabeled as Jonsereds/Poulans, 82cc Poulan pro 505/Jonsered 2083, then 77cc Poulan Pro 475/Jonsered 2077, 72cc Poulan 445 (good luck finding one), 68cc pp425, 65cc 415. These were also sold in other countries labeled as Partners. (660,7700)
Then there the old vintage stuff R12 etc, I stop there.

sure I missed some too

Duane

nice signs again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
The signs came from an out of buisness partner shop about 180 miles from where i live.The place was full of brand new stock that sat there for about 10 years after the owner died.The widow eventually sold the contents to a ( by description to me ) a strange loner type guy who specializes in hording, and most likely the stock was just left in a field along with hundreds of tons of junk.I was trying to track him down but i am having no luck he moved into a camper way back in the woods with no road access is about all i can find out.I asked the widow if I could buy the signs and had to make a special trip back w/ a buddy of mine in his pick up to get them.I got $100.00 invested in fuel alone, ha ha, But I like them they will look good in my shop. I am going to google the above saws to see if i can see them in a photo.

question for you partner guys, will a k650 piston and jug work for my s65 and if not how about just the piston.

Latest posts

Back