Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to look at the 3 500s.. 2 are 5000 + and 1 is poulan 325.. All 3 run great don't even have to sharpen the chains... Anyone have any info on the Poulan.. It looks like a 5000 to me.
a81caba9fd2c17604357b07eef574b6f.jpg
ef3679ab24039c7c8d277d810290423b.jpg

I guess you could say the PP325 is the North American version of the Partner 5500. It is the best of that original 500 series. It is a 46mm bore.

I have a partner 500 question. I don't mean to thread jump but this is the place to ask I think. I need a piston for my 500 and I think I saw earlier that a husky 350 was a direct swap . I have been told that the husky 350 ring locating pin will be in the direct center of the intake port. If this is true that sounds like a bad thing for my partner.
Duke Thieroff has a couple 350 pistons on order and I told him to save me one. I am hoping that one of you here can set me straight what piston can I use to replace my 500 piston? My 500 is open port it measures 43.95 mm the piston is a solid non windowed one it measures 43.90 mm plus or minus on both measurements as my hand shakes some. I thank you for your input. I have to go to work now but I will check in later today thanks a bunch Jeff

I am not 100% sure about swapping the piston , but I am 99% sure it works just fine . The 44mm 350 piston has a single ring , pin in the middle . The ring doesn't get down into the intake port , so it would be fine that way .

Ok good I think? you say not 100% sure on the swap but your 99% sure it works fine? so I am nothing if not dense but I am not sure what you mean I guess. A very well respected partner guy here once said that a 350 will direct swap I was hoping this had been done by him or someone else just to be sure ya know? Hey Mark you out there?

Call this number they are called "Rottman" they are a Partner Dist.
They had parts for my pm1000/pm100 they are in Michigan.
616-877-9906

Ok good I think? you say not 100% sure on the swap but your 99% sure it works fine? so I am nothing if not dense but I am not sure what you mean I guess. A very well respected partner guy here once said that a 350 will direct swap I was hoping this had been done by him or someone else just to be sure ya know? Hey Mark you out there?
I am sure I seen them used , maybe it was Arrowhead that did it ? Think they used a Husky 246 piston in them too to get more out of them . I know Ed told me that one . Seems some one put a 028 Stihl piston in one also , compression was a little much ! LOL Need to catch Modified Mark or Arrowhead !

Thanks for the reply. Yes the Husky 246 windowed piston will work in a partner 5000 closed port jug . I say this because Ed told me that and I have done it, it works. The Husky 350 was also in some notes Ed gave me in an e-mail a few years ago I printed it out and kept it I just now found that e-mail,... there was also information from Mark as well that I copied down to keep too.
As it stands now I will be getting a Husky 350 from Duke Thieroff when they come in. The worst that can happen is it will not run I guess. But if Mark and Arrowhead You and Wigglesworth ( I pm'ed him yesterday) think they will work that's good enough for me.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the Husky 246 windowed piston will work in a partner 5000 closed port jug . I say this because Ed told me that and I have done it, it works. The Husky 350 was also in some notes Ed gave me in an e-mail a few years ago I printed it out and kept it I just now found that e-mail,... there was also information from Mark as well that I copied down to keep too.
As it stands now I will be getting a Husky 350 from Duke Thieroff when they come in. The worst that can happen is it will not run I guess. But if Mark and Arrowhead You and Wigglesworth ( I pm'ed him yesterday) think they will work that's good enough for me.
I am fairly sure they work , just haven't did it myself .............. yet ! LOL I have a Partner 500 , but it don't need anything yet .Good luck ! Duke will fix ya up , just got a 346xp piston from him . LOL But I jumped the gun thinking this jug would clean up , sure didn't ! Didn't look bad till I got some crap off there , deep gouges in it ! What I get for trying to get ahead ! LOL So maybe a chinee jug and Meteor piston ? Haven't tried that yet ? LOL Good used 45mm 346xp jugs are hard to find !!

I have a little bit of transfer on the exhaust side of my jug. So today I bought a jug of Muriatic acid I only will need maybe a 1/2 oz but had to buy a gallon. I can see the transfer if I tilt the jug just right but I cannot feel it with my fingernail so I don't know ho serious it really is ya know. I just ordered some Carburetor rebuild kits for the saws too so when I get the piston should be good to go.

The last thing I do to clean them up is use scotchbright taped to a wooden dowel rod chucked in my drill . Just buff it all up nice and purdy . It will also take transfer off , just be careful on the edges in there ! It can take the plating off purdy quick . Yea I screwed one up like that ! But only once ! LOL

Latest posts

Back