Partner F55 For Sale as Parts Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

West Texas

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is an older heavy duty chainsaw. I replaced the ignition coil and got it to generate a spark to the plug. But a small toggle plate in the crank system broke broke today and now there is no tension on the flywheel rope; can't crank it. Rather than try and find this part, I'll just sell it as a parts saw, as is. Make me an offer. Tom

I'm guessing this is the same saw you were looking for an ign for? I picked up a parts saw this afternoon, but I can't tell what part you need for the starter recoil from your post.

If you're just sick of working on the saw I may be able to buy it for my Partner parts graveyard :D Although I'm sure shipping costs alone are more than I usually pay to get my parts saws around here.

I got the ignition part and it worked; but, :bang: when pulling on the starter rope, a piece of metal fell to the floor, and no more tension on the flywheel, just a loose rope loaded on the spring coil; but, does not engage. I've not tore it apart yet to see exactly what broke. I can take some pictures though and see if you might have this part. And you are right, its a heavy dude that would probably cost $30 to ship at least. I'm working on it for a friend; but, I don't think he is willing to invest any more money in it. I paid for the ignition coil to be shipped from Canada and that's not cheap either.:)

I've received the parts I needed and put it back together again. :cheers: Its no longer for sale. Thanks for your interest. :) Tom

Back