Partner p517 (merged)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontario026

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
pioneer p41

I beleive it is a pioneer p41 saw for sale in a local paper for 80$, I am going to look at it tomorrow... How good of a saw is a P41 ? are parts available? it is supposedly a good running saw with a spare bar and chain, is it worth 80$ canadian?

Thanks guys
Matthew

If it runs good, I'd go for it. if nothing else you could clean it up and sell it here for a little more than you paid for it.

I'm in the beginnings of restoring a P40 I got a few months ago. Just posted a question about a broken fin on the flywheel. Haven't run it much before I tore it apart, but personally I love the design of these saws. I would love to get my hands on a P60 series saw. A P51 just sold on ebay for $322.98. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4351613230 If the saw you're looking at is in good shape, I'd get it. I've been able to locate several dealers around still have parts.

Dan

Partner p517

The mystery saw (from my other "oregon chainsaw" post) Turned out to appear to be a Partner P517.... I bought it for 75 bucks with a spare bar and chain

Fired up first pull, seems to run pretty good.... Does anyone have any input or info on this saw?

Thanks
Matthew

In my lists I have a R417 only export saw, 55cc and T (Tyristor) modell aswell. Introduced 1974 may

There is also a R517, 1975 with points, semipro saw.

Could not find the one you have though. the list ends 1982 with 5000+.

I would like to see a pic of this P517, That would ease my mind a bit.
Is this really the 3:d thread for this saw?

R 417

Mange , something must be wrong with either that list of yours, or CSCC. This is the second tread were you states that to R 417 (T) is 55cc. According to CSCC it is 85cc and the stated bore/stroke is consistent with 85 cc.

Is there a misprint/mistake at CSCC, or in your list?

I would guess the mistake is at CSCC, as the model number logically should be a 55 cc saw, but I want this confirmed. :dizzy:

....I will have to revise some earlier posts of mine if you are right, though :blob5:

R417 is 55ccm introduced May 1974
R417T is 55ccm introduced May 1974, same but with tyristor ingnition.
R517 (semi pro) was introduced may 1975, with points and all availeble safty gadgets. The 517 T i can not find in the lists, but that does not mean anything. Lists can be wrong, Thease lists come direct from Partner, I am not saying they have all info, but the info there is are correct.

I do not belive it is possible to make such a large site, containing this much info, without mistakes. I make many mistakes, that is part of learning.

Now before you get a heartatack i just want to make clear that Mike has done an outstanding job, not only making the site, but collecting all info.
There is always things to be wanted, and new needs appear.
I have had, and have a great use of this site.

I am not trying to give anyone a hard time, I just want to learn as much about saws as i can. To do this i require accurate information. I can get a little here and there, but all info must be considerd for what it is, not always correct.

Thank you Ray and Mange! :)

I think I'll have to edit some posts on the Partner R** tread, as I mistakenly trusted the info on CSCC instead of Mange. Sorry Mange!

This is not a criticism to Mike Acres or CSCC as that site is very helpful ! I wholeheartedly agree with Mange's last statement.

R 117

By the way, a friend of mine has a R 117. He use it as his primary firewoods saw, and has no complaints.

My Husky 353G with less weight, less cc's, less hp/KW and 95 vp cuts noticeable faster than the 117 with 73LP, though - both saws with 15" bars.
The wood is Birch, less than 16".

Latest posts

Back