Parts needed for an old echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatsby174

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm looking for some parts to keep my father's old echo 750evl going. All it needs is the clutch spring, but I haven't had any luck locating them. Any ideas?

The saw looks as good as the day it came off the line, I'm hoping to keep it going for a while longer!

Thanks!

Sweet saw, I have the same thing, but it's green and says John Deere 80v. Should be the same spring as 701 and 702.

If you still can't find one, you might try a spring for a pioneer p41, p40. I'm betting it's close to the same size.

Hmmm, I forgot that the John Deere 80v is the same...I have to hope I can find some one who has a nos spring sitting on a shelf somewhere

Attachments

• 20160227_185538.jpg
    20160227_185538.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Yes, the spring is weak. I see the clutch spring for the 701 lists a different part number, so I don't think it'll work? I did find the springs for the 701 available on the 'bay though.

You can replace it with: CS-701, 702, 601, 660, old 510, equivalent John Deeres, old big Homelites, old Sachs-Dolmar, some Husqvarnas, Chinese saws with that king of spring, some go-karts... If some of them are long, you can cut them to the correct size.

Thanks guys, I found 4 new springs (I have two clutches with weak springs) for a cs-701 on the way. When it's working again I'll let everyone know!

Back