Patio Fireplace Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airecon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody got one of those patio fireplaces? I've seen two types. One looks like a pottery pot type and the other is metal. Anybody got a good idea what length wood would be ideal. Im thinking if its about 3" dia that would be ok. Im thinking about cutting and splitting some up to sell next year. I sold some campfire wood this year. Next year Im going to put an ad in the paper for campfire wood and patio fireplace wood. At the grocery store its about $5.00 per 8 sticks. Mine would be a better deal than that.

Ah yes,the Chimenia .Oh about 8 inchs to a foot would work.On the bigger ones you can just drop a longer piece down the stack if you are so inclined.

I just started to sell some "aromatic" firewood chunks this Fall for use in chimineas, firepits, open fireplaces, etc. It's all fragrant woods-mostly fruitwoods-cut to about 9" length. It seems like it will be a good idea and take off; I'm trying to figure out when the "peak" season would be to sell it-some folks say that Spring or Summer is better 'cause that's when they use their chimineas. But I'm experimenting and starting slow-selling it in cardboard boxes that apples came in from the local grocery store at $15 a box. Sold some through the local stoveshop, a couple to an old firewood customer who bought some for a friend. I just have to "connect" with the people who want to buy it-I believe that there is a market out there for it. Good luck!

My sister in law in Mich. burns the thing in summer just for the effect plus if you put a smoky chunk in,it kind of repells the bugs.I've got just a grill type gizmo made of sheet metal and open grating.It will take just regular old 16" pieces and I have literally tons of wood .

Actually most people that I know that have the chimineas save their little branchs that are constantly falling out of silver maple urbane trees.They will burn anything that will fit through the door.I suppose it just depends on what part of the country you are in.I doubt in these parts a person would get much call for little short wood.In a metropolitan area you probabely could.

I doubt in these parts a person would get much call for little short wood.In a metropolitan area you probabely could.

Thanks for the information Al. I live outside of Allentown, PA. and there are a lot of "yuppies" as my friend that works at the local stoveshop calls them that will buy just about anything. But I want them and everyone else to realize that it's for the enjoyment of the very aromatic woods that I use-Apple, Cherry, Pear, Maple, Birch, Sassafras, etc. That's the angle that I'm pushing-aromatic atmosphere. Some people buy some to throw a couple of pieces at a time into an open fireplace. I actually talked someone out of using it in their woodstove; you won't smell it unless you go outside! I'm gonna keep at it until I break through around here with selling it; it may be tough, but there may be a small market for it-we'll see!

A woman was in the stoveshop the other day and said that she'd take 5-6 boxes of it or as much as I can supply her; unfortunately, my aforementioned friend didn't get her phone number!! So I have to hope that she calls back or returns-I doubt that she will do either, but I could be wrong!

:greenchainsaw:

Thanks for the information Al. I live outside of Allentown, PA. and there are a lot of "yuppies" as my friend that works at the local stoveshop calls them that will buy just about anything.

:greenchainsaw:
Well,you might have something there.Ah yes,Allentown PA used to be one of the great steel centers of the world,times change I guess.

They sell little bundles of firewood here as well,I think it's kind of silly but people buy them.Recently I saw a neat machine at the Ohio lumber show that split the stuff into little sticks and shrink wrapped it.Kind of like a firewood 12 pack,so to speak.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back