Pawn shop score. Think I did ok?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juttree

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I saw an add in Craig's list today for a 390xp for $250, it had one bad picture and no description other than it leaks bar oil. I called and it ended up being a little hole in the wall pawn shop so I took the ride and got the saw for $200. It's dirty as he'll but will clean up ok. It also has a dented muffler and one stripped screw for the brake handle but the p/c look perfectly fine but a little low on compression at 140. Also, the oil leak was just a messed up oil cap.IMAG1737.jpgIMAG1738.jpgIMAG1742.jpgIMAG1740.jpgIMAG1739.jpg

the best i can run across in my parts is a jonsered 630 super for 225$

retune that saw to some good 32:1 and then test the comp it should come up some.

retune that saw to some good 32:1 and then test the comp it should come up some.
I'm gonna tear it completely down, do a nice and easy rings and seals rebuild, clean everything up, and maybe even put one of those XP decals on it for the bump in Hp, then probably sell it. I have a hard time letting go of saws though.

I'm gonna tear it completely down, do a nice and easy rings and seals rebuild, clean everything up, and maybe even put one of those XP decals on it for the bump in Hp, then probably sell it. I have a hard time letting go of saws though.
Those are exactly my plans for my 390..... Except the selling it part, of course.:innocent:

Back