Pfanner Stretch Air

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scots Climber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been working in Scotland as a tree climber for 3 years and I've been wearing class A (all round leg protection) Pfanner Stretch Air trousers.

I have 2 questions;

Firstly, working in Ma and Vt, do I legally have to wear class A PPE?

Secondly, are the Pfanner Stretch Air trousers stocked by Sherril class A?

Sorry for the daft questions, Google couldn't help me on this occasion.

Thanks.

welcome to AS

Tree climbers here are not required to wear any chainsaw proof leg protection while in a tree. Hope this helps.

Who are you working for? lots of good companies near you.

Please excuse my ignorance, but even while working with a chainsaw?

At the moment I'm not working. I'm a British citizen, (my fiancée is from Ma), but we're not getting married until March. I'm starting to look seriously at the local employment opportunities now, so as soon as I get a work visa I can get stuck in.

Although I'm a qualified climber here in Scotland, I would seriously consider doing groundwork again until I can do the relevant ISA certification to work in the US.

Please excuse my ignorance, but even while working with a chainsaw?

At the moment I'm not working. I'm a British citizen, (my fiancée is from Ma), but we're not getting married until March. I'm starting to look seriously at the local employment opportunities now, so as soon as I get a work visa I can get stuck in.

Although I'm a qualified climber here in Scotland, I would seriously consider doing groundwork again until I can do the relevant ISA certification to work in the US.

Yes even while running a chainsaw but only while in a tree. You don't need any certs to work on the ground here either.....

Er, thanks, but... Um... I'll be in Massachusetts from the 15th of February 2008.

I think I'll do the MCA ASAP as well.

unfortunately you'll miss New England Grows and the ISA exam feb6-8

the MCA exam is in April get the study guide asap!

Ok, will do. Thanks for the info.

Also the PPE is class C, not class A, sorry. Lots to think about at the moment :dizzy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back