Pic of the 7900 and cs56

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fl_Airboater

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Heres my newly converted 7900 with muffler mod and my new cs56. Got a chance to use the 7900 today to fell a big pine and cut it up, this saw cuts pine like a freakin' laser.
IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up 4 old craftsmen/poulan saws from my dad. they all look like low hour units. One is the super25 style. I'll get some pics of those on here as well.

what kinda paint did you use after the mod, mine did the same thing, wood chips alway's sticks to it. i used krylon stove and bbq paint rated for 1200 degrees but it bubbles and eventually flakes off. i switched to the cheapest flat black stuff i could find it was from home hardware a canadian company
but i'm sure you could find an equivalent there. i did three coats and baked it in the oven after each, then did 3 or 4 warm up and cool down cycles cutting a couple small cookies then shutting off letting cool down and repeating. nice looking saw's though, i really like that scrench holder on the kita, gotta get me one of those. pretty inovative on the other one too.:cheers:

Hi FLAB,
How do you rate the JD cs-56?
Thanks,
Bob
I have only had the chance to run about 1 tank through it so far, but I think it cuts pretty good. It is built like a tank and overall seems to be of high quality. I like it and would buy another one, especially for the price they are going for now days. I switched the rim sprocket to .375 and got the bar on closeout from Baileys, and added a 30RC chain.

what kinda paint did you use after the mod, mine did the same thing, wood chips alway's sticks to it. i used krylon stove and bbq paint rated for 1200 degrees but it bubbles and eventually flakes off. i switched to the cheapest flat black stuff i could find it was from home hardware a canadian company
but i'm sure you could find an equivalent there. i did three coats and baked it in the oven after each, then did 3 or 4 warm up and cool down cycles cutting a couple small cookies then shutting off letting cool down and repeating. nice looking saw's though, i really like that scrench holder on the kita, gotta get me one of those. pretty inovative on the other one too.:cheers:
I used the BBQ paint also, mine does exactly what you are describing. I even sand blasted the muffler before spraying it, I painted my dogs and they seem to be holding up though. I used some VHT header paint on some airboat headers a while back and it held up nicely, so I think I'll go that route when it comes time to redo the muffler.

Latest posts

Back