Pickaroons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet if you were so inclined you could sell them on here.
The thought of selling them did cross my mind. I would have to charge more than I think people would pay to make it worthwhile to me... and I don't need any more projects, lol. Just out of curiousity, what would you guys pay for one of these?

The thought of selling them did cross my mind. I would have to charge more than I think people would pay to make it worthwhile to me... and I don't need any more projects, lol. Just out of curiousity, what would you guys pay for one of these?
Well this should be a good guide.
https://logrite.com/Category/hookaroons

Im a tightwad , but 50 to 70 would be fair.If you had a hydrolic press. You could swueeze the handle making it oval. So it doesnt roll your wrists.

Beutiful job. I normally use a good axe to grab logs in the truck bed.

I picked up my bible tonight to read and run up on the term goad. Google some historical pictures and then read up on it. Pretty cool

Made these for Christmas gifts.
Those are awesome - want to be my new best friend? :yes:

One suggestion I read was to have a flat on one side of the handle so you could use it without even looking at the tip to orient it. A small weld bead where your fingers wrap around the handle would work in this case.

One suggestion I read was to have a flat on one side of the handle so you could use it without even looking at the tip to orient it. A small weld bead where your fingers wrap around the handle would work in this case.
This. I hadn't thought about it, so I checked - both of mine are definitely oval handled - I can see myself whacking myself in the forehead if I didn't check a round handled one (and yeah, I'm capable of that... )

I considered an index point that could also be used as a "catch" for your hand to lift heavier stuff after you stick it, but didn't add it. Nice thing about metal, easier to add to than wood is

Latest posts

Back