Picked up a old Echo tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have kept a eye out for one for sometime, not a holy grail thing to me but always thought I would grab one if it was right.

This is from the original owner and still wears the original bar.

It runs good and is SMOOOTH!

That is one of my holy grail saws.. still wish I had the extra cash when one went for sale locally a few weeks ago :bang: oh well.. nice find!
Video on that would be appreciated. Love the sound of those twins.. hope I can finally run one someday.

looks like its sporting a "race" chain too,lol.nice find.

I was just looking it over and that race chain just so happens to be a original, period correct Oregon 76 chain. it might have came on the saw when new...

The bottom rail on the bar is looking pretty sad, I doubt it will grind out and being a banana nose bar, you can't flip it. Guess I'll be on the hunt for a NOS bar. I think I got a decent Oregon 76 chain around here somewhere if I look hard enough.

I was just looking it over and that race chain just so happens to be a original, period correct Oregon 76 chain. it might have came on the saw when new...

The bottom rail on the bar is looking pretty sad, I doubt it will grind out and being a banana nose bar, you can't flip it. Guess I'll be on the hunt for a NOS bar. I think I got a decent Oregon 76 chain around here somewhere if I look hard enough.

Two cylinders ??

now you be TWICE as confused !! :)

got some good bananana bars,,what else would fit and what size ?

Whadda ya meen ya caint flip a bannana bar ??
picked this saw up last week :)

attachment.php

Cool find Mark. I've seen one in person, but never ran one or owned one. Not something on my short list, but I would like to find one some day. Looks like you got a nice example.

Whadda ya meen ya caint flip a bannana bar ??
picked this saw up last week :)

attachment.php

Let me rephrase that. You should not flip a banana bar. I know it can be done, I bought a saw at the flea market once that had one flipped over on it. Bent the hell out of the chain adjuster that way. You would think they would notice that they cant adjust the chain and it wont oil the chain that way either. :hmm3grin2orange:

Cool find Mark. I've seen one in person, but never ran one or owned one. Not something on my short list, but I would like to find one some day. Looks like you got a nice example.

You can have a chance to run one in a couple weeks if you want! :rock:

I did get the 610 cleaned up last night and found a few things wrong with it. It will need at least 2-3 new antivibe mounts, a new recoil rope guide and I found a crack/brake at the front of the case by the recoil.

It run just ok and I tried it out in some wood and it cut very well, for about 20 seconds or so at least then it started dying out on me like it was running out of fuel.

I looked at it tonight and found the felt fuel filter was very dirty and the carb diaphragms were getting long in the tooth as well, so I replaced them both and it started up and seems to run very well now. Too dark to try it out so it will get another chance tomorrow.

Seems the antivibe mounts are NLA, not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. I think I can fix the crack by the recoil without any welding, as a epoxy fix from the back should work just fine on it.

Well I got the 610 tore all apart to fix the AV mounts.

Since I found them to be NLA I didn't know what I was going to do about it, but I do now.

I found a couple on the shelf at a local long time Echo dealer and I'm going to pay through the nose for some from a John Deere dealer! :laugh:

I could have tried what Randy told be about rethreading some Husky mounts but I still would have had to buy them as well, so what the heck I'll put some OEM mounts on it since I was able to find some.

Latest posts

Back