Picked up a used 261c... any tips?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we all have our methods and I guess whatever works for you is the best. My experience with mtronic on my 241 is to actuate the choke, pull once or twice until it runs, then pull the trigger to release the choke and warm it up while you’re walking to the cut. Then unless it sets very long, it will start on the first pull thereafter.

he’s outlining the reset procedure. He’s not saying that is what you are supposed to do every time you start the saw.

I guess we all have our methods and I guess whatever works for you is the best. My experience with mtronic on my 241 is to actuate the choke, pull once or twice until it runs, then pull the trigger to release the choke and warm it up while you’re walking to the cut. Then unless it sets very long, it will start on the first pull thereafter.

Yea this is just the calibration procedure for the newest version of the MT carbs. It’s funny how many people don’t know this process yet those saws still run like a top! I myself deal with approximately 40 saws at work and about 25 of those are M Tronic, and of those 25 there is a mix of V2 and V3 carbs so it can get a little confusing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back