Picks of my dodge loaded and shed done

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple picks of my dodge loaded and my firewood shed with the tin on. I still have to clean up the construction mess. How much is on the truck and trailer? Should be easy I have given the answer away before.
Ya but were is the Snow?lol
Lets see some tire chains on that dodge.

8 rick between truck and trailer I'd guess.

How does the truck handle that load?

Wow, nice load and Sweet shed, how big is the shed 40x60? Is it all for firewood:jawdrop:

That Dodge is cool. Is it a diesel? The shed is ok too, I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.... j/k, it's really nice. Where did you get that tin for the roof? Can you still get that style stuff new?

Looks like a fine piece of work STL. How big is that shed? Should hold a mess of split wood I would think. Betcha your going to like it alot. Congrats.

Maplemeister: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome! Looks like yer set! And remember there is no such thing as overkill! :D

Truck was hauling 8 ranks (4'x8'x16") The shed is 45x76. It was from an old lumber store. The tin is old thick stuff I don;t know if they still sell it. That is half the building. I split it with a friend. We each paid 3500. It will be used for firewood. I don't plan on using it for anything else at this point. By my calculations it will hold 220 cord thrown in not stacked.
The truck is a diesel. It's the one in the post earlier that I'm going to be selling as soon as I find a 450 or above. The truck handle the load pretty good. I like using the other dump trailer better. It has stiffer springs and tires so it tows more stable. That one does fine just not as good. When I use the other trailer I put 6 on the trailer and 2 on the truck. In that pic there is 5 on the trailer and 3 on the truck. That extra on the truck makes a difference. Thanks for the kind remarks

I agree it looks really good, just a couple thoughts.

How did you fasten the roof system down to the beams? That roof is like a large sail and under the right (or better said wrong) wind conditions it will have a lot of up lift due to the surface area versus its self weight.

As an added precaution I would use something like these straps...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Truss-hold-down.jpg

...to hold that nice roof in place. Or even clip angles on either side of the truss bolted down to beam and through bolted through the top chord of the truss.

The tee plates look like they should do a fine job holding the beams to the columns, but some cross braces from part way up the column up to the underside of the beam at 45deg would help a lot with lateral stability as well.

The columns should be tied down to the concrete/footing as well.

I would hate to see all your hard work get twisted or wrecked.:)

Or you could tell me to mind my own business.:buttkick:

Sweet setup! Wish I had the space for that!

Is all that for you to burn, or do you sell also? Man, that's a lot of wood...

Back