Pics and ideas for wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbagone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Post some pics of your wood sheds. I need to build one on the cheap this spring but I cant have it look like crap. Anyone build one out of rough sawn? My wife also wants me to build the boys a fort. How could I combine the two? My biggest problem is that if it doesnt look good to the wife then I cant do it. Im thinking the rustic log and plank look would work. Maybee a good excuse to buy a mill for the chainsaw. A steel building would be easy but I just dont see my wife going for one of those in the back yard.

Do a little searching, there have been three threads about wood shacks in the last three weeks I think. I dont remember too many fancy looking ones.

Tell the old lady if she wants the house to be warm, you need dry wood. Or better yet when she wont let you build a wood shed have her go climb in the snow drift to get the wood for the stove

Last edited:
Sorry guys i just saw those other posts about sheds. Some more pics would still be great. I really like the shed made out of a mobile home. I could probably find one for free around here. I cut one up for scrap a few years ago. Husky, as far as my wife stomping around in the snow... I think she would do that before she let me build something that looked too hillbilly in the yard.

If you put 'wood shed' in the advanced search function, and firewood as your only search forum, you'll get the thread from the last two years, lots of great pics.

The best, and most economical, usually involve the tin, especially for the roof.

Here's a good one to get you started.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=39450&highlight=wood+shed

.Ignore mine, they waaaaaay too ugly for you. LOL

Last edited:
The open side carports are the least effort and the most practical when making comparison of Labor/per cubicfoot/per dollar, which is how I generally try and crunch numbers.

Around here, 18x21 carport installed ranges from 595 to 795. Not bad for a phone call. From there, you could buy cover sheets for $.50 per square foot amd close three sides with a screw gun and a pair of tin snips if you desire. Or, get the installer to come back the next weekend and do the side skirting where he can make a buck. Ordering a carport enclosed from the start gets priced up, and "codes" come into play.

HOWEVER, if you have lots of logs that could be made lumber, then so be it. Waste not want not. Just have to crunch the high labor number as an intangible. No material costs, but time is weeks compared to minutes.

Good luck

A fort and a shed? I would go with old cross arms and old utility poles. You should be able to get these free from your local electric utility yard. It costs us money to get rid of our old poles and arms :cheers:

Back