pics of milling sycam.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then...how do you keep them from warping if you stand them up? I thought I had it done right with it stickered out of the weather and with weight on top. I was wondering how the white wood would be affected by the stickers.

Well then...how do you keep them from warping if you stand them up? I thought I had it done right with it stickered out of the weather and with weight on top. I was wondering how the white wood would be affected by the stickers.

There are lots of ways to dry lumber and drying upright is one way, although it takes an awful lot of space. I also find that if I don't dry my lumber in piles with weight on them, if only the lumber stickered above the lower part of the pile, some species tend to warp an awful lot as they dry. Yes on white wood you do get sticker stain sometimes, but I find in most cases one pass through the planer and that's history. It doesn't go very deep into the board.

Bottom line is, like type of chain, type of mill etc etc etc... lots of ways to get to the same result.

Latest posts

Back