Pics Of My New Toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my new peice of kit the vermeer sc352 ,3cyl dihatzu diesel engine stump grinder ,like i posted on another thread i wasn't very keen on the machine at first but after a second demo i liked it a lot,so much so that i bought one :) ...tomorrow she gos out to tackle a 8' oak stump. I will post pics of the machine in action.

Last edited:
Picture 1 is of me and Mike Lidster he's a sales rep from Vermeer UK [B-TRAC EQUIPMENT] he's a genuinly nice bloke

Ross i part exchanged the older machine... MB i will get her dirty tomorrow on a 8' oak stump

Pretty machine, I took a few looks at the same unit and still not sure about it for my area. I like Vermeer as a company here and have owned a few of the older style grinders, 630a and 665 with the wisconsin engines and found them to be reliable and capable at the time. Keep us posted as to how you like the machine and best of luck with it.

P.S. Nice lookin crew also ;)

there selling quite a few of them o/h i was in the vermeer workshop the other day i was suprised at how many super juniors were there traded on the same machine.good work rolla!

352 in Bristol

we have just bought a vermeer 352. it is ace, as for talk of it being unstable...what a load of trot..it has been on a hell of a slope with a loose surface and coped fine.....(needed the diff lock on) ...good piece of kit. (looks impressive too!)

I had a bit of a problem today ,the stump grinder would not climb into my steep dump trailer ,even the 252 had a bit of a problem with the steep incline ,so i had to go out and buy a new purpose built plant/mini digger trailer the grinder climbed into this trailer without a problem..still a bit annoying and extra expense :cry:

this trailer is made in WALES up near Thor there called IFOR WILLIAMS and IMO they are the best like for like trailers made anywhere in the world and very reasonably priced ,the guys who make these trailers speak Welsh as there first language

Rolla,this ones 20 years old, still on the original deck. I've met old Mr Williams, still ties his trousers up with baler twine. :cool:
The factory is about an hour inland south of here. funnily enough right next door to corwen forestry's dealership.

Last edited:
THOR are you going to trade your nissan in for the new model coming out this August? have you seen the new model ?? its bloody awesome !

Back