Pics Of My New Toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry no pics but its the same as a 'PATHFINDER' but with a buck..i havent made my mind up yet but i might get one trouble is the nissan i have is only 7 months old..the new model comes with loads of optional extras including auto gear box

yeah, magnetic beacon, its great, sticks on even at 100mph.
trouble is mines an 02 model with 75k on the clock, probably wont be worth that much. and their bound to hike the price on the first years batch...

rolla,,,, first,,, nice pics,,, new baby,, where are the cigars???? (rolla jr, or rollette)...

QUESS HOW LONG IT TOOK ME ??? ................. 1 8' OAK STUMP 12'' HIGH..I GROUND IT OUT TO 15'' BELOW GRADE..THE WHOLE ENDED UP MEASURING OVER 16' WIDE [i ground out a lot of just below grade roots]??????????????????????????

believe me this was a big b*tch of a stump and i did a thorough job..3 and 3/4 hours..god knows how long the 252 would have took

ROLLACOSTA said:
believe me this was a big b*tch of a stump and i did a thorough job..3 and 3/4 hours..god knows how long the 252 would have took

What did you get paid for it????

Glad to hear you got that machine dirty. :) How do you feel about the gear box drive on that unit? When I looked at that machine I thought it would be in the way on a large stump.
That is a really nice trailer Rolla, looks like all aluminum? Most trailers over here are angle iron steel with wire mesh decking that usually need some welding help after a few years. Yours looks like a long lasting model. Good luck with it.

rolla, you going cutter to the truck,or tail in first, going on the trailer???? i keep my 352 on a 6'x12' car mate enclosed,,, with a fold down door.....always backed into the trailer.. never had a problem...but, my deck might be lower than your old trailer....

Dadatwins said:
Glad to hear you got that machine dirty. :) How do you feel about the gear box drive on that unit? When I looked at that machine I thought it would be in the way on a large stump.
That is a really nice trailer Rolla, looks like all aluminum? Most trailers over here are angle iron steel with wire mesh decking that usually need some welding help after a few years. Yours looks like a long lasting model. Good luck with it.

DADA absolutely no problems at all with the gear box in the way ,or stability or anything [except the nuts could have been done up properly on the exhaust].im must say i really like this machine big time..the trailer is galvanized steel plate/sheet ..these trailers really last for decades

juststumps said:
rolla, you going cutter to the truck,or tail in first, going on the trailer???? i keep my 352 on a 6'x12' car mate enclosed,,, with a fold down door.....always backed into the trailer.. never had a problem...but, my deck might be lower than your old trailer....

The deck juststumps on my dump trailer I'm guessing is way higher than your enclosed car trailer ,with the new trailer its a piece of cake to get her on board ,i always drive the machine cutter wheel first ,with the plant trailer there is an area designed for a digger bucket to go onto ,but the cutter wheel fits on this area just rite

vharrison2 said:
Rollacosta, what a beautiful family. :angel:

Thanks :) a lot of the folks on here have great familys and most guys 'n' gals on here a really fantastic people :)

ROLLACOSTA said:
QUESS HOW LONG IT TOOK ME ??? ................. 1 8' OAK STUMP 12'' HIGH..I GROUND IT OUT TO 15'' BELOW GRADE..THE WHOLE ENDED UP MEASURING OVER 16' WIDE [i ground out a lot of just below grade roots]??????????????????????????

Am I reading this correctly, you ground out over 16 ft., but the stump was 18 ft.? I know that must be a mistype. How big was the top of the stump? I know I sometimes end up grinding a total of 6 ft. just to almost completely remove a 2 ft. stump. We don't have oak trees here. How big of a stump do the largest oaks get?

No it mean't to read i ground out one 8' oak stump and the hole ended up measuring over 16' wide, The largest oak stumps i have seen have been over 12' in diameter ,though they are the exception and when they are that big they are usually decayed in the center

Latest posts

Back