Pics of you favorite saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow them saws are in great shape. I quit buyin the older saws with out the chainbrake now that my boy is cutting too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
I have a huge pile of old mag
Mainly goof around and GTG saws
I cut most with newer and smaller saws20160104_110054.jpg
I have a bunch

Only the back af cover is shown on right side [emoji14]
Thought that. I see the other pic now. Nice looking saws. I gotta a soft spot for echos lol

Not one but two:

IMG_0004_zpsc0mukosb.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsa2lsnp60.jpg

In the foreground is my much used and abused MS231.
Yes, it's a small saw and that's precisely why I like it so much: it can get almost everywhere and be used in places where even an ordinary farm saw won't get.
Extremely light and with a properly sharpened chain will cut surprisingly large trees.
In the background is my MS290.
I know it doesn't get much love around here but I like it exactly for the same reason I like my 16 year old Honda beater car: it does exactly what's written on the tin with nothing more than ordinary maintenance.
It's slow and unexciting, but the last thing I want when cleaning the aftermath of a heavy snowfall is excitment!

Thats a nice looking chevy behind the saw.

Thanks...it's hibernating for the winter. The salt on the roads up here would eat it up. I have to remember to check my background for thread derailing toys...lol

Thanks...it's hibernating for the winter. The salt on the roads up here would eat it up. I have to remember to check my background for thread derailing toys...lol
the road salt sure is hard on vehicles.

Latest posts

Back