Pict. of Stihl 192t!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got to check out this saw today.
Seems like a great contender for the Echo Climbing saw. Same configuration as the ms200 but lighter, and a bit less power.
I think this saw will be a keeper
hope the file is not to big....
Frans

quite a bit too

here's a modem-friendly (and sharper) version

I saw one at the Stihl display at the North Carolina farm show a few weeks ago. Man are they LIGHT! They don't look as rugged as the ms200T though.

How will the 192 compare to the 190 or was it 191/019? Same Power or more? my dealer told me about these a while back I havent heard any mention since.

Anyone ever notice this? There showing the 191T to have more CC's than the 200. Typo?
Arborist Chain Saws

MS 191 T

46.5 cc (2.82 c.i.)

1.45 kW (2.04 bhp)

8.8 lbs. (4.0 kg)

12" - 16"

MS 200

35.2 cc (2.15 c.i.)

1.6 kW (2.2 bhp)

8.4 lbs. (3.8 kg)

12" - 16"

MS 200 T

35.2 cc (2.15 c.i.)

1.65 kW (2.2 bhp)

7.7 lbs. (3.5 kg)

12" - 16"

Stihl had a 192 at the Oregon Logging show this week. Their price on the saw was $290 vs $550 for the ms200. The 192 tag said it had 1.7 hp.

David, Not a Typo. They boosted the displacement on the 191T. Probably for the same reason Husky makes 335/338 California specials. It gets the saws intop a different emmissions class. Even the old 019T does pretty well on torque. It doesn't rate the HP of an O20 'cause it doesn't turn as fast.

From Stihls German web-site

STIHL MS 190 T STIHL MS 192 T STIHL MS 200 T
Maximale Schnittlänge 40 cm 45 cm 45 cm
Gewicht ohne Schiene/Kette 3,9 kg 3,0 kg 3,5 kg
Hubraum 35,2 cm³ 30,1 cm³ 35,2 cm³
Leistung 1,3/1,8 kW/PS 1,3/1,8 kW/PS 1,7/2,3 kW/PS
Leistungsgewicht 3,0 kg/kW 2,3 kg/kW 2,1 kg/kW

OK, it became a bit messy :eek: after the copy/paste stunt, but it should be possible to understand what it means.

Last edited:
My Dealer told me the 192T is available now! without any specs would it perform better than the 191?

DDM said:
My Dealer told me the 192T is available now! without any specs would it perform better than the 191?
It is available for the dealers to make a 'backorder' on. It is not yet sitting on the shelf ready for us to snatch up and cut stuff with. Your dealer should go soak his head for saying that.
But it will be available any day now.
The factory seems to hold their cards close to there chests regarding when exactly stuff will be for sale.
By the way the new blowers are coming out soon.
I am going to buy the 550 model, the specs say 199mph!
Frans

Frans said:
It is available for the dealers to make a 'backorder' on. It is not yet sitting on the shelf ready for us to snatch up and cut stuff with. Your dealer should go soak his head for saying that.
But it will be available any day now.
The factory seems to hold their cards close to there chests regarding when exactly stuff will be for sale.
By the way the new blowers are coming out soon.
I am going to buy the 550 model, the specs say 199mph!
Frans

He told me it was available for order Maybe he meant backorder...... :blob2:

Since I have actually made 2 cuts in a 10" log with one, guess I have the most experience at this point.
A little more horse than the current model, nice speed if you let it cut. A 200 it ain't, but then again it's a lot less money.
It felt pretty solid and comfortable. Nice balance.
This saw only had 2 tanks through it, so it was definitely not broken in. Ben said it will gain a bit when broken in.

I figured I would buy one to do trims and save the 200's for bigger wood and removals....
What is the shortest bar available for them? 10"?

Back