pictures of my husqvarna 346xp with scored piston and cyl ..how can i repair cheap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r0858

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
here are pics of my husqvarna 346xp. I pulled the cylinder off and it is TOASTED. I talked to the guy I bought it from and he said his grandson put straight gas in it.

Husqvarna dealer wants $169 for piston and cylinder, where or how can I get a cheaper setup to repair this saw??

husqvarna1.jpg

husqvarna2.jpg

husqvarn4.jpg

346-3.jpg

here are pics of my husqvarna 346xp. I pulled the cylinder off and it is TOASTED. I talked to the guy I bought it from and he said his grandson put straight gas in it.

Husqvarna dealer wants $169 for piston and cylinder, where or how can I get a cheaper setup to repair this saw??

check out this thread..

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=132939

a little bit of work but it is all explained..
then you end up with a very HOT saw :)
lots of threads on this aftermarket P&C combo..

Looks like the grandson already saved some money on mix oil.

Does it need a new cylinder? You might get away with just the piston if you use muriatic acid to get the transferred aluminum off the cylinder wall.

Last edited:
I'd pull the thing apart before buying replacement parts. Cylinder may be salvagable, that may lower your "fix it cost" quite a bit. I never go into the parts acquisition mode until I've done the complete tear down. Usually because I miss something and I have to add to the list, but goes the other way too.

If that's indeed the price for an OEM slug 'n jug it's not too aweful IMO.........

Yes I did buy it, so its my problem now,lol

Looks barely used, except for the damage. If you got it cheaply enough, I'd go for the OEM parts. Should you wish to sell it sometime, you'll be glad. If the guy sold it to you knowing that it had been straight gassed but didn't tell you (and you didn't check), you're taking it rather well.

Jack

That is a 50cc one, but it has a cat muffler that you will want to change out (if it isn't already done).

$169 for the P&C sounds like a good price to me, if it is OEM!

Latest posts

Back