pictures of the 041 ave super with 048 piston in it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to ask did someone bore out the the jug? I get the feeling that may be the case, or perhaps an 051 jug and piston.

You have asked many times what the value of this saw is. How much did you pay for it????? What do you think it is worth ????

Larry

I had one identical to this one, there is a thead here of me asking what the **** this is, and I seem to remember we came ti the conclusion it was a 041.
I sold it, but will ask the byer to have a look.

Mange.

Last edited:
Mange, that pic is way too small, could you load a bigger one so I can get a good look at that saw. :D

Larry

Al Smith said:
One port is exhaust,the other is intake.Isn't that a goofy way to port an engine?

Al, If that's the case why does picture four show the port filled with what looks like JB Weld?

It is a little misleading.Jpg 25 shows the piston down,exhaust open,intake closed.Jpg 26 shows the piston up,intake open ,exhaust closed.It's a bit confusing with the ports in line.The intake is toward the crankcase,the exhaust toward the cylinder.As I said,what a goofy design.It obviously works though.As I understand it,this older design did not lend itself to the super high rpm's most of use associate with Stihl.

Al Smith said:
It is a little misleading.Jpg 25 shows the piston down,exhaust open,intake closed.Jpg 26 shows the piston up,intake open ,exhaust closed.It's a bit confusing with the ports in line.The intake is toward the crankcase,the exhaust toward the cylinder.As I said,what a goofy design.It obviously works though.As I understand it,this older design did not lend itself to the super high rpm's most of use associate with Stihl.
The jpg 25 is a picture of the 041 ave super, the other picture(jpg26)
is a picture of a regular 041 av (61cc)

Back