Pine pitch on skin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plain jane rubbin alcohol will take pine sap right off. Been My go to sap cleaner for 50 years. Kind of stings a little bit if you have cuts and scratches on you tho.
Good to know. Thought i tried that once and didn't work. I must have been mistaking though. I was going to try that after my shower but i was surprised the charcoal soap worked.

I made some of the best wine ever with spruce sap. It cures everything, even cancer.
You know Mr Logger. . . I have a strong feeling you just reek of Pine needles and Gin as you sit in a dimly lit shack making outlandish claims of creating the question mark "?" and curing cancer...
You were once a great feller/logger/lumberjack. . .and now, look at you! For Christsakes man, wipe that pizza grease off your face and tuck in those pajamas!

You know Mr Logger. . . I have a strong feeling you just reek of Pine needles and Gin as you sit in a dimly lit shack making outlandish claims of creating the question mark "?" and curing cancer...
You were once a great feller/logger/lumberjack. . .and now, look at you! For Christsakes man, wipe that pizza grease off your face and tuck in those pajamas!
No such luxury as pizza around here, just beaver meat fried in bear fat with the odd medallion of squirrel thrown in.
Soon I shall be single for yet another time and looking forward to taking those old records off the shelf.
Feels like spring is here. Days are long and warm and evenings only about minus 5f.
I'm looking for my next stupid mistake. Lol

I was covered the other day in pine sap. Went home preparing to be covered for a couple of days. Washed up with this charcoal soap and it came right off with very little effort. FWIWView attachment 555840

Next time I get into a White Pine, I'm gonna try that. It would be nice to wash with something that didn't smell like gas, alcohol, or GOJO. Actually something that smells like soap, Joe.

0130171721a.jpg
Next time I get into a White Pine, I'm gonna try that. It would be nice to wash with something that didn't smell like gas, alcohol, or GOJO. Actually something that smells like soap, Joe.
Yes sir that's why i was sharing my findings. I cut a lot of white pine last week. 20170205_074329.jpg 20170131_130744.jpg 0130171721.jpgthat's a large pizza box8051.jpeg 0130171456.jpg

View attachment 556098
Yes sir that's why i was sharing my findings. I cut a lot of white pine last week. View attachment 556093 View attachment 556094 View attachment 556095that's a large pizza boxView attachment 556096 View attachment 556097

Gotta be a sticky cleanup. I wonder what the west coast guys use.

Is there a market for pine firewood in your area in a year's time, say, when it's seasoned a bit, or do people only want to burn hardwood?

Personally, when it's seasoned I don't mind at all getting a fireplace fire started with it, and it burns faster and hotter, and then adding hardwoods later.

Back