Pine seasoning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost about 10 large pine during ice and snow storms this year. In this area, no one even wants the pine. I cut one of the trees into 4' sections and hauled it to reinforce a RR Tie back stop I target shoot at. Split a couple to make the approach angle to drive up on the pile.

P1060939.JPG

Lost about 10 large pine during ice and snow storms this year. In this area, no one even wants the pine. I cut one of the trees into 4' sections and hauled it to reinforce a RR Tie back stop I target shoot at. Split a couple to make the approach angle to drive up on the pile.

Cool pic!

Lovin' my pine here, that's what I am burning in the mornings and the evenings, along with the uglies and splitter trash. sort of spring cleaning..... I started splitting up some big pine rounds last night, splitting them into quarters so then I can switch to the tire on the block and they will fit in to split to stacking size.

Pine throws some SERIOUS heat once it is dried well.

Been burning almost exclusively pine for the last few weeks. Mine's been split for a little over 18 months. It's terrible for overnight but it sure beats buying wood or paying the gas/oil/electric man.

The length of burn is obviously directly related to the size of the piece...knowing it burns quick, I keep the pine in much larger pieces than my other wood. That definitely helps with the length of burn.

I also keep the longer straight grained stuff off to the side to split small for starting fires.

My pine seasoned about nine months before burning...it was quite dry. I have found I get less creosote from my pine than my oak, mainly because it burns hotter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Well after 2.5 months (much longer then planned) an old friend left me high and dry on a skid steer, but anyways all 12 pines 2 mualberrys and 1 black cherry later its cleaned up and seeded and straw'd. Took 9 loads of branches and junk wood to landfill on a 20' flatbed trailer pack full on each. Keep a bunch of the main trunks on the pines that were knot free for easy splittin prob a cord worth and 2 dump loads of stumps hauled out. Brought in 44tons ( 2 dump truck loads) for fresh top soil in and pain a buddy to spread it. All said an done it cost me approx $1650 to get it all finished up $1050 whats topsoil alone but i think i made out good!image.jpg

Latest posts

Back