pinecones

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
attachment.php

That's what my wife called them.

This weekends work.:smile2:... Just splitting and stacking, I already had it bucked. Mostly red oak, with some white. First attempt at stacking this way, curious to see if it dries any quicker. I did it mainly for looks.:laugh:

I can tell you one thing: They will fall down. Mine did. I don't think I'll try it again, but it sure looks good right now.:msp_biggrin:

I hate you guys,,I left the laptop sitting on this page and wife picked it up and decided she wants our wood stacked this way .

I tried to explain that we have a wood shed and dont have to stack any outside.Her words "I think it is neat looking "and wants one on each side of drive way.

I can tell you one thing: They will fall down. Mine did. I don't think I'll try it again, but it sure looks good right now.:msp_biggrin:

Ditto, on all points! But hey they are cool in the beginning. ;)

Also, mice love these and snakes love mice.......lol

I hate you guys,,I left the laptop sitting on this page and wife picked it up and decided she wants our wood stacked this way .

I tried to explain that we have a wood shed and dont have to stack any outside.Her words "I think it is neat looking "and wants one on each side of drive way.

tell your wife that you'll drive a truck load to the end of the driveway if she will load the truck and stack the wood. :msp_sneaky:

That's really neat looking. I just finished my first one of those a few weeks ago and it's still standing after some 40mph winds we had last night. I think that the larger you make it the easier it becomes to make it stable.
I hope it dries faster but even if it doesn't I prefer the look and they have a small footprint for the amount of wood they hold.

Well, time will tell if they hold up. They do seem kind of fragile, and the stacking is somewhat frustrating compared to straight rows.

The funny part is that I have a huge wood shed, and still have to finish filling it.

I burned less than usual this year, and still have some left, so for once, I may get ahead a bit.

Loadthestove, you cracked me up! Just make a couple for your wife.She'll love 'em, and everyone will say how great you are...:clap::clap:

Christ, dont let her see this picture...

firewood_tree.jpg

Latest posts

Back