Pioneer 2270

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob E

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all!
Great site! I appreciate all the information sharing and education that this forum provides!
So... I'm hoping you folks can educate me a little on a saw that was passed down to my by my Dad.
It's a Pioneer 2270.
The saw just won't die. It's cut more cords of wood than I can even begin to count. I'm 34 now, and when I was a kid (maybe starting at about 8 or 10 yrs old) I remember many many cords of wood that I packed and stacked while my Dad cut cord after cord, year after year. Recently the fuel primer pump went out, so I had to convert to a newer style carburetor (one with a choke) but other than that the thing just keeps cutting wood!
I now have several Stihls, a Homelite and a Mac and for sentimental reasons mainly, I plan to semi-retire the Pioneer and do my wood cutting with my 031.
The thing is...I don't have any history on Pioneer. I assume the saw is an early 1970?? or late 1960??
I can't seem to find anything on the 2270 on the internet.
Can anyone give me some history on Pioneer? Was the 2270 one of the last saws they made?

Thanks all!
By the way...I have thick skin, so let the comments fly :D

---------------
Pioneer 2270
Stihl 031
Stihl 015
Homelite (don't ask my opinion of "consumer" homelites)
Mac (don't ask my opinion of "consumer" mac's)

I have an 1100 Pioneer Holliday. Still cutting! They were terrific saws, I hope a quality company will breathe new life into them someday, they were way ahead of there time.

Latest posts

Back