Pioneer 3071 bar question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael RPH

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, brand new to the group website and proud owner of an all original single owner of a late model Pioneer 3071. I would like to swap out the 16" bar for a 20" and want to keep the saw as stock/original as possible. I've found a decent 20" bar from a Pioneer Farmsaw and wondering if it will fit/work on the 3071. The bar is marked... PIONEER 475125 20 053 3-8 MADE IN CANADA -1. (I'll try and attach a picture.)

I've got a copies of the Pioneer 3071 illustrated parts catalogue and the Service Manual. Unfortunately neither provides info about compatible bar numbers. Can anyone here confirm or provide a link/document that provides bar part numbers for various Pioneer saws.

I realize there are likely newer compatible bars, however I'm restoring the 3017 and want to keep it as original as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Farmsaw_20.jpg
    Farmsaw_20.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 7
Not saying they cannot be made to work but the Farmsaw takes a D007 Oregon style mount and the 3071 takes an Oregon K095 mount. There is not a lot of difference but usually entails a bit of adjustment hole grinding and the oil hole to the chain slotted to match the bar pad on the saw.

Thank you for the quick replies! Information about the mount style for the farmsaw is very helpful. Is that Oregon catalog pdf available for download? Looks like it would be a great resource for older saws. The tip about ensuring the alignment of the oil hole was also a good catch. Rather than try to jerry rig, I think I'll keep hunting for a 18" or 20" Pioneer bar with the correct mount. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back