Pioneer 3270 - Doing A Carb Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sting

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys! Long time no see!

Anyway... got a carb kit for my Pioneer 3270 and will be doing it myself. After talking with the gent who sold it to me, it seemed to be a better idea to spend $20 on the parts and attempt it myself, rather than $75 (or more) having him do it, as he said that there was no guarantee of total success.

Since I have never done this before, is there some way I can access some instructions (book or Internet) on how to do this? OR can someone walk through it here on the board (perhaps with some pics)? The saw in question has a Tillotsen HS Series Carb.

$20 for a carb kit? Anyway, someone here I'm sure will come up with a book or webpage that has good instructions. It's really not too hard.

1. Disconnect fuel lines and controls from carb. Remove mixture needles if they interfere with removing carb. Remove the two nuts/bolts that hold the carb to the saw.

2. Take off either end of the carb. Note where all the gaskets and diaphragms are and the order they're in. If you're doing a full kit, take out screw that holds metering valve pivot. Keep an eye out for the spring!

3. Spray down with carb cleaner. Scrub. Blow out with air compressor. Repeat if you need to. Carefully scrape off gasket remains that are stuck to the carb body.

4. Put in new metering needle valve and its parts. Put in new gaskets and diaphragms in the same order the old ones were in. Reassemble carb.

5. Put carb back in saw and bolt in. Reattach all the crap the you unhooked. Screw in mixture screws about 1.5 turns out.

6. Get saw started and tune it up!

That's about it. What'd I miss?

Looks Good!

Glen, you are a gentleman. Thanks for that link... that sure does look like the goods to me. I appreciate it.

As for the price of the kit... I am in Canada, and I know the kits down in the US are about $10-12, so if you add in the exchange, my cost is reasonable. The kit and about 1.5 feet of fuel line (yellow, dealer said that it won't shrink or seep) came in at about $22.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back