Pioneer 3270 Primer Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sting

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Did the carb kit on my Pioneer 3270 today... went to start it, and fuel was leaking from the primer. Took it apart, found that the rubber seal inside was broken, hence, no prime.

I'm going to call around to see if anyone has this part.

If I cannot find one, do any of you have any suggestions to where I could find this part, or am I fighting a lost cause here?

Thanks!

Sting,
You know I just had this same problem recently. Got a Pioneer 1120 with primer I just swapped it for a choke style carb and choke knob assembly I had. I'd like to return it to primer for originality if I find the primer diaphragm. Let me know if you dig any up I imagine there might be ones out there but will be hard to find. I might try cutting it out of some fresh rubber the same thickness. Also check your primer check valve there is a little o-ring in there that gets brittle with age. I'll let you know if I figure something out.

I agree the walbro primer would fix it right up. Thats probably what I would have to do aswell. Though I'll just keep it with a choke for a while. Don't know if any models like the 3270 came with a choke. If so you could do that if you find the choke style carb and linkage.

The 1072 I bought a while back had been converted to use a Tillotson HU. Looked like a factory job.

The only problem I see using a choke style carb (did think of this, as my Holiday has one), is that the choke is on the other end of the carb... the carb mounts opposite to the Holiday.

Installed in the 3270, the carb (in reference to the Holiday) is mounted upside down and turned around 180 degrees. The choke plate would face towards the front of the 3270... it faces the back on the Holiday. Therefore, the linkage faces the wrong way.

As for the Walbro Primer... where can I find one? Does it just replace the old Pioneer Primer? I went to the Walbro site... found information on their carbs, but not just on primers... am I missing something??? Do I have to get one of their carbs too? Also, approximately how much will this cost me (just let me know if its US or Canadian Dollars).

If I talk to a local dealer, can they get one, or do I have to get it online? I'd prefer going to a shop to get it... not entirely sold on Internet shopping.

Latest posts

Back