Pioneer 650 gas tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KASH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am working on a Pioneer 650.The gas tank is coated with heavy varnished fuel in the past I have used industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner on steel and plastic tanks.I have never tried it on magnesium or aluminium.I assume the 650 is magnesium .Before I go blindly ahead does any one know what damage the cleaner might due to the mag tank.
Thanks Kash

I am working on a Pioneer 650.The gas tank is coated with heavy varnished fuel in the past I have used industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner on steel and plastic tanks.I have never tried it on magnesium or aluminium.I assume the 650 is magnesium .Before I go blindly ahead does any one know what damage the cleaner might due to the mag tank.
Thanks Kash
It will eat it most likely being an acid when I cleaned my 620 tanks out I used kerosene and a tooth brush.

img_2624.jpg

Thanks Jerry that and MEK are very good but both are unavailable at the present time.The toilet bowl cleaner worked really well on a 1964 John Deere 110 tractor removed the rust in about half hour all my magnesium test pieces are at my summer place.I have the 650 running good but

Post got cut in half weird.I will finish it here
But my magnesium test pieces are at my summer residence.I trapped myself into another project painting the 650 she will be clothed in Safety Yellow with a Dark Green top with Yellow tree not exactly to the book of Hoyle but better than it it is now.Pioneers of that era had poor paint adhesion.I sure wish it was a Pioneer 600 I was painting I could gaze at a 600 and revert to my child hood memories of going up the lake on a sunny Sept day and cutting birch into 24 inch blocks.We would take the seats out of 3 Chestnut wooden dory boats and fill our boat and those and slowly go home towing the boats.
One part of the memory I would like to forget is the chain gang of kids hauling the wood up the 250 foot steep hill to the basement window.
15 full cords is a lot of pieces of wood
Kash

Post got cut in half weird.I will finish it here
But my magnesium test pieces are at my summer residence.I trapped myself into another project painting the 650 she will be clothed in Safety Yellow with a Dark Green top with Yellow tree not exactly to the book of Hoyle but better than it it is now.Pioneers of that era had poor paint adhesion.I sure wish it was a Pioneer 600 I was painting I could gaze at a 600 and revert to my child hood memories of going up the lake on a sunny Sept day and cutting birch into 24 inch blocks.We would take the seats out of 3 Chestnut wooden dory boats and fill our boat and those and slowly go home towing the boats.
One part of the memory I would like to forget is the chain gang of kids hauling the wood up the 250 foot steep hill to the basement window.
15 full cords is a lot of pieces of wood
Kash
We would burn 20 cord a winter and it was cut with our 600 for maybe 10 years before dad got his 1100. We towed the logs down a 4 mile lake, then peavey rolled them up the beach, cut them into 16" firewood blocks and loaded them by hand into the trucks, 2.5 ton International and a 3/4 ton Chevy for a 8 mile ride home.

Thanks Jerry that and MEK are very good but both are unavailable at the present time.The toilet bowl cleaner worked really well on a 1964 John Deere 110 tractor removed the rust in about half hour all my magnesium test pieces are at my summer place.I have the 650 running good but

Kash , I have used Quicksilver Fuel System Cleaner for cleaning fuel tanks and carbs since around 1988 . It is still available . The former lake x shop forman told me about it and it works .

Did you try Napa or Auto Pro?

Latest posts

Back