Pioneer P41 newbie questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 41 likes a 20" bar, these saws are torque makers with reed valve low end power, they can haul more chain through tough/hardwood than high revving piston ported saws of the same size. You can use any length bar on them from the shortest up to around a 28" , they will oil and pull 3/8" chain without complaining.

I just found the actual model on the saw on the underside. It was covered and I did not know it was there. It is a P41SH. So it originally had a chain brake. Guess the one on it was just badly damaged. I just got the clutch cover without a chain brake but the bar mount studs are too big for the cover. Is there any reason I can't just drill them to the size of the studs? Everything else seems to match up.

0421161020.jpg Ok, I got it all together now and cleaned it up a little. Can I use the bar and chain off of my Homelite Super XL to check the clutch before I order a new bar and chain? It seemed to fit. Also is John Deere yellow in the valspar farm implement paint what most people use to repaint these pioneers? Thanks for all the help guys. Amazing the help on this site. Y'all really know your stuff.

View attachment 499610 Ok, I got it all together now and cleaned it up a little. Can I use the bar and chain off of my Homelite Super XL to check the clutch before I order a new bar and chain? It seemed to fit. Also is John Deere yellow in the valspar farm implement paint what most people use to repaint these pioneers? Thanks for all the help guys. Amazing the help on this site. Y'all really know your stuff.
All up and running now?
Love these P41 Pioneers!

Back