Pioneer P41, not much oil coming out on the bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamlet_jones

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I enjoy this saw, even if it's a dinosaur. I just finished cutting up a big alder, and it seemed the bar was
kinda dry. I topped off the bar oil before I started, and afterwards I looked in the reservoir, and still
saw about 2/3 of a tank. Gas is almost out. I found the adjustment, turned it to the +, but still not
too much spitting out. Maybe my oil pump is going? I just cleaned the oil passages in the bar, so
anything else I can try?

Something simple on an older saw is an improper bar which the oil hole doesn't align with the oiler slot on the bar pad. Or maybe a partial misalignment. Of course with the bar off and revving of the engine you can check your pump flow output. Simple basic checks to perform before digging into your pump. Good to hear you are still using vintage Pioneer Tim G.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thanks! The saw was left for dead, I found it, repaired the rope, fresh gas, plug, and whammo! I've been using it every time I got some firewood that needs a 32" bar.
Dinnertime, so I'll make those checks and get back, either way, good or bad.

Okay, got the oil rails/channels cleaned out, gave it a pull and checked the oil flow, took a close look at the little + & - at the oil screw, and discovered that COUNTER-CLOCKWISE will INCREASE
oil flow. All good now. Thanks TLG!

Back