Pioneer P60 Cylinder Question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincolnscott7

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Howdy good folks! I just got a Pioneer P60 in that's needing some love. I wasn't able to get the best view of all it's sides before having it shipped to me but once it arrived I noticed that it doesn't have any boss or anything on the cylinder for a decompression valve. There's a cut out on the cylinder shroud but nothing on the actual cylinder.

Yes it is indeed a P60 as the tag states it as well as the manual oiler up top. The tag states it's a P60F dated in 1979 and the serial is 2047051 if that can help anyone figure this out.

Now the question is that I thought ALL P60's came with a decompression valve? I know the P50 doesn't have one but up from there they all do as far as I have seen. I even tried to find the part number on the cylinder but I didn't have any luck.

So I'm thinking this may have a P50 cylinder on it? Or am I making the wrong assumption? Could it be an early P60 cylinder without the decompression? I have no idea at all.

So any help here would be awesome. Thank you so very much! I can't thank you all enough for all the help.

Kind regards and thank you for taking the time to read this and offer some assistance.

Back