Piped 046 - On A Budget

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the output that was used on mine.

7900pipe005.jpg

This lets you make the "segmented" taperd header.

Finishedpipe012.jpg

Finishedpipe011.jpg

That's an interesting design. So you just plug in your port timing, rpm, displacement, port diameter and it spits out a pattern? nice!

Yes and No, the link I gave you is seperate from the pipe design software. That is just for making the templates of the compond angled cones. Once you establish the tuned length and diameter of cones then plug that info in to the cone software and print it out 1:1 and transfer to sheetmetal.

There is software though that will do just what you said. I did not figure that pipe in the pics, Adam Clarke did and sent me the paterns and pipe info.

Look up Mota for the pipe design software and couple it with the cone layout software.

http://www.iwt.com.au/MOTA.HTM

Last edited:
Yes and No, the link I gave you is seperate from the pipe design software. That is just for making the templates of the compond angled cones. Once you establish the tuned length and diameter of cones then plug that info in to the cone software and print it out 1:1 and transfer to sheetmetal.

There is software though that will do just what you said. I did not figure that pipe in the pics, Adam Clarke did and sent me the paterns and pipe info.

Look up Mota for the pipe design software and couple it with the cone layout software.

http://www.iwt.com.au/MOTA.HTM

Thanks for the links!
Adam's a good guy...he's helped me on a couple of projects too.

Adan is a cool homeboy:cheers:

You got me fired up Danger Dan. Here's the pipe I just finished on some 6" x 7 1/4" Canyon Oak 18" I tried my best hand filed square chisel on a LGX chain.

DSCF2004.jpg

Is that the 365? Sounds great, good 4 stroking. :cheers:

Sv, yeah, it's the 365 Especial. I believe it is 4 stroking before the cold cut. After that cold cut, it warmed up and this is what it ended up with when I took a reading after the last cut. And the plug looked real good. I'm thinking of going all the way and adding a belly so that I can raise the exhaust roof for a true piped saw at 90º ATDC for some gnarly RPM's. But the Kita 6401 is beckoning for a pipe too:cheers:

DSCF2009.jpg

DSCF2013.jpg

Roughed out the ports:

New timing -
Ex = 92 ATDC, (Beyond The Point Of No Return)
Xf = 123 ATDC
In = 79

Latest posts

Back