Piston & Rings Needed for 026?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

West Texas

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I live in a remote area; where is the best online source for a new piston and rings kit for an 026? Ebay? Ebay Store? Arborist Site Sponsor? I'm open to all ideas as I called an out of town dealer and his prices were astronomical; $44 bucks for a set of rings? Must have been reading the book upside down. I would really prefer an after market set, as its an after market cylinder on the saw.

Tom

Last edited:
Brad C. is excellent to deal with and I recommend him highly.

I agree, nice guy. I've been out of the chainsaw business for a while and just got forced back in by some friends who had a dead saw.

Thanks for all the replies; I've got it on order now. :cheers:

I normally hit up Ebay for parts. However, I did place my first order to Bailey's the other day, and I am pretty stoked about getting my stuff in. We will see, mostly small stuff here and there for my 090, and that infamous "150 ft. up" shot on a poster. Getting a frame for that will be next.

We had one of those posters up in the shop for years. It never failed to impress customers. We also had the "Stihl's the One" poster which also featured Jerry Beranek toting an 090 way up in a tall Redwood tree, along with several members of his crew.

We had one of those posters up in the shop for years. It never failed to impress customers. We also had the "Stihl's the One" poster which also featured Jerry Beranek toting an 090 way up in a tall Redwood tree, along with several members of his crew.
Funny you say that, dealer down the road has the same poster. Don't know how big it is, but it is HUGE.
Wish they loved chainsaws, and selling chainsaws as much as I love that poster :).

good luck. i've been waiting about 10 weeks for a 026 and 288 pistons from bailys.

Well I checked on my order today and found out the piston is on back order; they said they expect it in the warehouse next week. :chainsaw:

At least they didn't say tomorrow, cause in West Texas tomorrow never comes. :cheers:

So is it a 44mm or a 44.7mm that you need?

Brad its a 44 for an after market cylinder. I could get by with a set of after market rings. I say that, because I have a new set of Stihl rings and they are a hair too big for this piston, can't get them closed enough to push it back in the cylinder. Never had that problem before; even though the stock number is correct, they must be for the 44.7 piston.

I answered you earlier and thought it had been posted. :pumpkin2:

Tom

Back