Placing Cannon order...who is in and what do you want? Echo and Husky bar adapters as well

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran into that exact thing today with a poulan branded but husky large mount bar in 24 inch, takes 81 drive links, not the standard 84.

Dang, maybe should have waited, but already scored a new bar today. Next time! Those cannons look good! GLWS man!

That's common with bars intended for Poulan saws, as far as I know.

Can you answer this question...what tooth tip is on the supermini with 3/8lp? I dont have one to count and cant find any mention of it from cannon. Are they a 10T nose?

They are 9t in 3/8 (.367 actually) and that corresponds to 10t in .325. I assume any small devation the maths would show are compensated with a slightly different nose profile.

Somewhat disappointing that the Cannon C1 mount bar turned out to need modifications to work properly - but a combination 095/041/074 is of course a challenge.
Of course, but the modifications were by no means challenging, and I have tendered for some more work where a 241 shows some advantages over a 550. So the flexibility appeals to me.

The mods arent hard and as long as you go into it knowing that oil holes may need plugged to make it oil i dont see it as a big deal. less bars to stock is a good thing on my end because at some point i want to have a decent selection of cannon bars in stock.

Do you have any pictures of the adapters????
no pictures. adapter just like the cannon adapter for husqvarna. makes it hard to commit to buying one i know. I am ordering extra of those so if you are interested in one but not committed until you see one please let me know that too so i can be sure to order enough extra to cover that. These Echo bar adapters were the reason for this thread but thought i would throw out the bars too and get some people a better deal than could otherwise be had.

Put me down for one of each adapter please.:D thank you sir.i know i now don't own a 600p but will again in the near future.

For those that dont know. Cannon is now making adapters for P4(8mm) to S1(12mm) allowing Echo saws to accept a Stihl mount bar. They should be released for sale in 3 weeks or so and my plan is to place an order first of next week. So for anyone wanting Cannon bars or adapters let me know what you want and I will add it to the order. Please be patient with me on this since this is my first time doing anything like this.
These are the list prices for Cannon so if we get to a 20 bar order we will do 15% off list plus shipping.
Bar adapters
S1(12mm) to H1(9mm) $6.76
S1(12mm) to P4(8mm) $6.76

Cannon SuperBar Pricing
16" $86.23
18" $95.42
20" $103.59
22" $111.84
24" $121.01
28" $140.84
30" $146.85
32" $154.86
33/34" $162.25
36/37" $174.57

Bar Tips for SuperBar are $15.10

Not trying to be a pain but my Husky 32" cannon was 130 same as a stihl s1 mount from Madsens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran into that exact thing today with a poulan branded but husky large mount bar in 24 inch, takes 81 drive links, not the standard 84.

Dang, maybe should have waited, but already scored a new bar today. Next time! Those cannons look good! GLWS man!

Are you sure that was a Poulan branded D009 mount bar (and not a D096/ D176, UXL, or D007 mount)? 81DL was the 'standard' for a 24" bar (wearing 3/8" pitch chain) here in the US long before Stihl and Husky saws became popular here. Poulan, Homelite, and McCulloch saws all took 81DL of 3/8" on 24" bars for decades. 84DL is the current 'standard' for the 24/25" called length now due to the current popularity of those brands.

Are you sure that was a Poulan branded D009 mount bar (and not a D096/ D176, UXL, or D007 mount)? 81DL was the 'standard' for a 24" bar (wearing 3/8" pitch chain) here in the US long before Stihl and Husky saws became popular here. Poulan, Homelite, and McCulloch saws all took 81DL of 3/8" on 24" bars for decades. 84DL is the current 'standard' for the 24/25" called length now due to the current popularity of those brands.

Bar is marked poulan and been running on my 371xp just fine. Currently mounted, but seems I looked at the numbers before to make sure it would work. Local husky dealer has a three foot clapped out poulan bar hanging on the wall for decoration, and it is marked 009 as well, looked at it before.

Ah. If the bar is marked D009 and works fine on the 371XP then it likely was intended for the Poulan Pro 415/425/445/475/505 series saws that used the D009 mount bar...

Ah. If the bar is marked D009 and works fine on the 371XP then it likely was intended for the Poulan Pro 415/425/445/475/505 series saws that used the D009 mount bar...

And that is where it came from, off my 505. I put that 24 on the husky and put a 28 on the big poulan.

ok extending my deadline a bit. waiting on a couple people to decide and still need a couple bars to make this happen

Fits well with all I have observed on the matter. 84dl bars are closer to a true 24" though....

Back