Planting too close together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostnut

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've got a few trees coming a week from now & I'm not sure if I've got adequate spacing laid out for them.

The first is a 2.5" swamp white oak which I have marked 48' from where tree #2 will be. Tree #2 is a 2.5" fall fiesta sugar maple.

The third is a 3.5" shademaster locust, it will be 40' from the #2, the sugar maple.

The ground is pretty flat, no more than a foot or 2 in variation, the oak being on the highest point. What are your thoughts, am I asking for trouble here?

I think part of the answer will depend on how long you plan to be there, how much room you have and if you are attempting to shade anything in particular. A sketch of your lot would help immeasurably.

I would give 25' between the Oak and maple regardless of any other conditions, your yard will appreciate the space as well as the trees.

Just wondering how long you have until it might be a problem:msp_smile: That far apart it would be a few decades before they're close enough to touch each other, I'd say you're safe.

You are giving those trees plenty of space to grow and mature. I have no concerns.:cheers:

Back