Playin' in the woods yesterday.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Nice day to be in the woods yesterday, so I snapped a few pics.

How's this for a top? Real nice white oak too. But that's next weeks project. The 2150 Harry Barker special is sittin on there for size reference.

Ac31W.jpg

Had to clean up some of the big blocks that were accumulating on the landing. Needed a couple of bigger saws to quarter them up, cause I ain't liftin' those suckers. Homelite 925 and Husky 288. Made plenty of noodles.

6IXcD.jpg

Looks like you have your work cut out for you Bob!!!LOL!!........No red (Swedish) saws?????

The saw on the top is a 2150, just with a Husky fuel tank and starter. Then there's also this 670 that I built up, which I also had to use a Husky fuel tank to complete.

JJWxC.jpg

Thats some good looking wood you got there. I remember the good days after we logged our farm. There was big Oak and Hickory tops left over everywhere. Not to mention the cull logs on the landing. Had piles of firewood those couple years. 133 loads one winter, but I was unemployed that year. :D

An awesome place to test saw concepts! Looks like fun to me. Looks like there will be a ton of wood to process and split! Wonder if there is a Partner/Jonsered/Husqvarna blend possible to get three colors!

An awesome place to test saw concepts! Looks like fun to me. Looks like there will be a ton of wood to process and split! Wonder if there is a Partner/Jonsered/Husqvarna blend possible to get three colors!

:laugh: I think there is a way to do a "Tri-Color" saw. There was a Partner chassis that spawned both Husky and Jonny versions. I think the original Partner was the model 400? It gave way to the Husky 40/45/49 and Jonny 2041/2045/2050.

Weimey;

This is one of the saws on that chassis; Husky 45. Early versions of these saws came with gray tops, so I guess we could do a four color saw, if we got silly enough.

oqDiO.jpg

What do you think of that nice white oak top in the first pic? Might dice that up Saturday if the weather is good. Sunday is definitely tied up with my Godson's birthday though.

Back