I think my luck is turning around!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJuday

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to the neighbors and cleaned up the rest of the big Sugar Maple rounds. The owners nephew-in-law decided that his Wild thing and his back could take no more and she told me to get over there and get it cut up. I could see why he left the rest, gnarly stuff. I could only get a small chunk to split off and the grain look like it went in every direction. So it all got noodled and blocked out with the 084. I got a whole truck load outta that.

I had to pick my son up at the sitters last night and at the end of the street was another Sugar Maple cut up, trunk still standing though. I told my son that we were gonna go back and get it and he was all for that. Luckily I had forgot to take out the 260 and it was full of gas and oil to boot, which came in handy for sizing down some of the big stuff. Sitter's husband Dennis came down with his van and we loaded some up for him and he took my son Collin back to the house with him while I loaded the rest. Man what a load! I had the Dodge squated down!

When I went back to get my son I got to talking with Dennis and he said he wanted to cut some of the stuff smaller, but remarked that his saw was not cutting well. As it turns out he got an old Hommie at a garage sale this year for 5 buck with a case! And it runs! I looked at the chain and it was rocked and the rakers were all outta wack so I told him I'd fix them up. Took saw and all to my neighbors this morning and he took both chains and whipped them into shape on a Foley-Bell Saw sharpener. I told Dennis I'd double his money for the saw! At least I tried.
Harry, my neighbor gave me two old saws, one is a Homelite XL2 I think and the other is a small Partner. More details to come on that.

While I was loading the wood in town the Asplundh crew leader stopped and I thought I was gonna get my butt chewed for something, turns out his climbing man got his arm broke when a branch snapped and hit him so he needed a piece to show as evidence to the insurance company. I told him if he hired me as a replacement I could provide my own saws for the job! He said he will let me know on that soon. He also gave me a list of other trees in town they will be cutting so there is gonna be a lot more wood too.

Lastly, my son learned a new wood yesterday, the word was WOODBUGGAH! JJ

Sounding good. Pics of the new saws or you are in violation of the expectations of this site. :cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

It's great when work and play just fit together, and you get work done. Sometimes when it rains it pours down the good luck.

Back