playing with big saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i recently got the chance to play with one of the big saws, for me this was a real treat! the bar should give Mange's pic a run for the money. tho i didnt actually do any cutting with the saw.. this is a Stihl 090G with a 60" bar. i sure wish it was mine!!

stihl%20090G_1742.JPG

Man that is a nice looking looking saw. I couldn't imagine having to run that thing though. I bet you would would look like hercules after about a week.

what a saw!

here it'd be a trophy saw :D

MS 460's more than enough saw for most jobs around here

Yes that is the saw I sold. You might even recognize the arm in my picture belonging to Ben. For those who do not know; I hired Ben on full time as a shop mechanic and recently as the shop forman. The saw was sold to a guy in MN. This is absolutely the nicest G I have ever had in my shop. I BEGGED my wife to let me buy for a display in the new shop but she said something about a new washer and dryer set. Of all the luck. It's funny, but I met Ben through the AS as a customer and we became friends. As the shop picked up I needed some one who knew saws and Ben needed a good job. Don't let Ben know I said this, but he is a Dam* good hand in the shop.

klickitatsacket said:
This is absolutely the nicest G I have ever had in my shop. I BEGGED my wife to let me buy for a display in the new shop but she said something about a new washer and dryer set. Of all the luck.

Next time don't ask her :D. Yeah, right, lol :rolleyes:.

NWCS said:
i recently got the chance to play with one of the big saws, for me this was a real treat! the bar should give Mange's pic a run for the money. tho i didnt actually do any cutting with the saw.. this is a Stihl 090G with a 60" bar. i sure wish it was mine!!

stihl%20090G_1742.JPG
Now you're loggin'. Cheers.

Yeh, and lot of gravity is along with this saw ;)
Easier is to drag trees to it than it to trees :)

Wow Ben *blink* that is a beautiful beast!!! Someone here posted this site and I found this pic while cruising their photo album, http://www.madsens1.com/fall.htm , whatever hair (what little I still have) stood on end seeing that big Stihl, this pic made them jump ship.
Be Stihl my beating heart!
:D

hey Jeff, im out in winlock now. if i had a tree to climb i would do it too.. im crazy enough! im not sure how much the combo weighs but she sure is one heavy beast! but the cool factor makes up for it ALL.

Back