playing with my new vinyl cutter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What cutter did you buy? if it was cost effective i might go for it i need alot of trucks done and just cant find the time to get someone in here to do it. but if i could poke away at it by myself now we are talking.

how much did you have in it? and what is it's limitations?

The cutter was around 250.00 from signwarehouse on ebay. The vinyl is 14.50 for 12" X 30'. I can't remember who I got it
From. Just needs to be 7 year calendared. The software was included. Only thing it won't do is text arch. We also did 2 - 48"
Signs that the local guy wanted 300.00 each. I still have bucket trucks. Pickups and loaders to letter plus yard signs. So
Yeah about 5k worth of lettering.

I've been wanting one, will probably do it this summer. What is Text arch?

Whos' your local sign guy?

I think arch Text is where the letters follow a curve, like, on the inside of a log end or over a wheel well.
Rick

I've been wanting one, will probably do it this summer. What is Text arch?

Whos' your local sign guy?

I think arch Text is where the letters follow a curve, like, on the inside of a log end or over a wheel well.
Rick
any text that follows a radius. The software included does not have that option the next upgrade to it is like 250.00 more I believe
That's D and D lanscaping and tree serbice 864 320 4874
Must not have seen the name enough its Service :p

I've got 50 blank coroplast yard sign blanks on the way and still have 3 pickups, 2 dump trucks, 2 bucket trucks, a chipper 2 skid steers and a excavator to letter. It will cut into my tv and internet time but to save that kind of $ I'll sacrifice.

Here is 1 of the signs. The beaver pics I did have to have printed but all the other graphics came from the cutter.

Ya once you posted this it got me thinking even if I paid 1k for a cutter and software I'd save a lot of money. I'm gonna look into it. I got 3 trucks to do for this year and that would cost a lot more than 1 k

I was looking at getting one a while ago.

But knowing me, I'd get carried away and letter everything.

Even the dog wouldn't be safe. :msp_tongue:

I was looking at getting one a while ago.

But knowing me, I'd get carried away and letter everything.

Even the dog wouldn't be safe. :msp_tongue:

Ya I really wanna get one now. Be easier for me to mess with than try to describe it.

Its fairly easy once you spend some time with the software. After you send it to the cutter another screen for cutting pops up and then you set your speeds direction of cut ect.

Its fairly easy once you spend some time with the software. After you send it to the cutter another screen for cutting pops up and then you set your speeds direction of cut ect.

Hey I looked at the same guy you got yours from do you think the 500$ cutter has the software to make arched text? I wanna be able to do arched text. And it said it had the full software or something like that

Mine is the LXI apprentice I believe the LXI pro has the arch. Go to the website and compare the software.

Latest posts

Back