Please assist Stihl 041 repairs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akita

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would be grateful if you fellows with Stihl repair experience could advise me. I purchased a Stihl 041 Farm Boss with a broken front handle mounting lug.
I then located a used Stihl 041 AV crankcase on Ebay, with additional parts, as part of the purchase.

Please advise if the following is feasible:
1) Swap good AV crankcase for bad Farm Boss crankcase. (Local Stihl dealer said part #'s were the same)
2) Use 041 AV Front handle, as I have the plastic piece with the AV handle mounts which sandwiches between the crankcase, and air cleaner cover.
3) Use an 041 AV air cleaner cover since the Farm Boss air cleaner cover is too deep and will not secure with these proposed part changes. Here’s where I especially need advice as I am not certain which 041 AV cover I will need to fit and secure properly.
4) Please advise as to any additional work I should have done with the saw as disassembled as described.

I appreciate you guys helping me. This seems like a great forum, and I look forward to being a part of it in the future.

Back