please help me quote this HUGE tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule # 18. If you are banned or suspended from ArboristSite.com you are not permitted to register under a new name. Only one user name per person is permitted. All additional user names or new user names without permission from ArboristSite.com will be deleted from the system.

Smokindodgew101 said:
Rule # 18. If you are banned or suspended from ArboristSite.com you are not permitted to register under a new name. Only one user name per person is permitted. All additional user names or new user names without permission from ArboristSite.com will be deleted from the system.

Tic TOC, Tic TOC

:laugh:

Freakingstang said:
Tic TOC, Tic TOC

:laugh:

why do you want me banned? all i asked was how much you guys would quote the ficus tree and optional ways to get it removed.

Are you hauling the wood, treeminator? I mean innovater? I assume you'll chip the brush and do a reasonable rake up. Probably an insurance job. Not that that makes any difference on the price. You'll need several workers and some heavy equipment, worker's comp. Do some proper pruning too, you should be able to give them a better price since you're already there. Somebody toss a number out there, or would that be feeding the troll? Watch out, it could roll.

Tree "innovator", if you follow the steps outlined below, you can have the job done in fifteen minutes and make a 98% profit.
1. Bid low (for example $500)
2. Buy ten gallons of gas. (To save money, siphon gas out of the
homeowners vehicle when they are not looking.)
3. Pour gas on tree.
4. Use a match to ignite gas thus setting the tree on fire. (I don't know how
well these trees burn when green so you might have to repeat steps 2-3
a couple of times.)
5. Once tree is aflame, collect $500 from the homeowner.
6. Let homeowner know that if the fire gets out of control, just call the fire
department and they can take care of it.
7. Remind homeowner that their insurance "might" cover fire damage. (If
the homeowner start looking woried at this point, just have one of your
crew members offer them a free meal at the local fast food place. This
will calm the homeowners long enough for you to quickly proceed to the
next step.)
8. Make your getaway.

ANOTHER FINE JOB DONE THE TREEMINATOR WAY.

(Boy, I hope I don't see on the news the next couple of days that half of florida is on fire after some guy tried to burn down a tree and the flames got away from him.)

Dude,

Ive worked in the bus for almost 12 yrs now. I personally would bid that thing REALLY HIGH in an effort to NOT get it.

You really want to know, call a crane op to the site, get his bid. Then figure your rates, add 25% and go from there. If it seems low, it probably is and add more.

Like someone else said, know when its above you and get out before you get in. Thats being a smart businessman.

***CLOSE-UP PICS of this MONSTER****

today, i snapped a few pics which shows underneath and close-up viewpoints. my biggest concern is it rolling off the roof when we cut one of the few support branches. other than using a crane, i don't know how the heck to get the trunk off the roof itself. you can't just cut the trunk like a normal leaning tree. i'm thinking this is where a crane would be absolutely necessary.

here's a ballpark price: this house is being bought by my customer (RE investor) next week. the original owners still live there and were home today. they told me the estimates they had gotten over the past few months were $3500 , $4000, $7000, and $12,000. i'm thinking the $3500 and $4000 estimates had some sort of debris removal clause in it.

here's the close-up views panning from right to left:

I have a little rule I use on the big and ugly jobs. Bid it high enough that if you get it you will make a lot of money on it or if you don't then who cares. There is more work out there then one can take on. So go high and make a mint or let the competition have the headache. You can make twice as much on several easy trims as apposed to one big removal because you can bet the Mr. Murphy will be hanging around on that job and what can go wrong will. Then you find yourself over invested in the job just hoping to come out even.

Treeinnovator said:
why do you want me banned? all i asked was how much you guys would quote the ficus tree and optional ways to get it removed.

Because when you spend time crying Wolf and being a tard, you have a hard time having any credibility at all, even if you are being serious...

:notrolls2: :deadhorse:

No one wants you banned Treewhatever. You've already been banned. What part of this fact has not sunk in yet?

Besides, the place is a dump. A bulldozer and an excavator will be your RE investor friend's best bet, clear the lot and start again.

And, easier than clearing your reputation and starting again here on AS.:)

RedlineIt

Ok, Treeinnovator, seriously heres what i would do: ya that is a messy job...Bid it high !

your most cost and time effective way is to go in there with a large excavator ( with the thumb attachment for the bucket) ( or sub that out)and dig around it first to chomp off the roots by the house then gingely grab and pull that SOB of a tree out of the ground and put her in a dump truck......No chipping, less fuel used, less time and alot more profit.... no need to worry about grinding that stump either. just grade it out with the machine when done and collect check....simple as that!!!

hope that helps
-mike

cool

What an awesome opp. id roll up with a land disterbing permit and a track hoe for that baby ,,,have about 3 trucks ready to roll bid it at 9000. winner.:rock: Ill come and do it for 9500.

Howdy Y'all.

I've been following this forum for a while now and this is the first time I have been compelled to register.

Ekka, I love your videos and hope you post more soon.

Treeminator. . .your bags-o-mulch story cracked my ass up and that whole burger-king thingy you got going on. . . wow! Wish I'd a thunk of that!

Now on to the subject (and I hope y'all don't mind if I go a bit redneck here).

#1. Yep, that looks like a ficus. A real mess to remove. Sucks.

#2. Bid that sucker real high so you don't get it (say twelve maybe fifteen grand). Maybe some other poor feller will come along and take the job.

#3. You keep going on about this here stump grinder, but it looks to me as if there ain't no real stump there to grind.

#4. Is insurance paying?

If so, it looks to me from them pictures that you could just drag it right on out of there with a dozer. Wrap them cables up high and lay it back down the other way. Looks like you got loads of room there. Load it up in a dump truck and away you go. Course you gotta call up dig-safe and where I am from you gotta be licensed and and have insurance and all that stuff.

My advice?

Don't bid it.

Latest posts

Back