Please help, Norway Spruce Tree Care

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faithfully

Reaction score
Hi and help, :redface:
I have just planted 2 Norway Spruce tree's, about 5ft each. I'm new at this big time. I made the hole 2 the size of the rootballs and twice the depth, but I kept the tree above the grassline so only the roots are in the ground. Now where I live there happens to be some clay, yeeks. So I removed the clay and just put in convenient horse maneuver in place of dirt. The rest of the tree's and plants seem to agree with it. But again I did transplant these Norway's... Now one is doing good and the other one looks maybe water logged. I'm really concerned. It was doing so great, it had new growth on the tips of it's branches, looked like little new green branches, but now they have turned like a yellow and are shrugged toward the ground. I'm so upset. I didn't want to kill these guys...I have had them since they were 2ft. stupid idea of mine to move them, errrr.... So I laid off the water and I am just praying it turns around, I don't know what else to do for it... The one tree is still green but all the new growth except one branch holds a piece of the past new growth I was talking about... any suggestions? Should I or should I not water them Spruces if we are dealing with super dry temp's???? Then we had a couple weeks of flood, geez, who knew.... I can't control the weather.
I do have some Emerald Arborvitaes who are doing nicely and they are planted in gravel with horse maneuver, I know, I know... but I had to try... actually my nephew is the one who made the holes it was crazy... so I don't know how that will turn out???

I also have some Blue Spruces but I am not too worried about these big boys, sitting anywhere from 5 ft to 10ft, they are pretty locked into the ground, color looks good, some do have some white stuff on their limbs but that is cool right????

Also, my other nephew put them in, some of them are quite crooked, he said they would straighten out, is he full of poop or will they????? All of these trees and shrubs are in direct sun in Michigan, plus they encounter full winds from the south. Their exposures are from the south and north but not alot of action from the north. Anything at all you all can advice would so greatly be appreciated. Everything is planted per recommendation allowance so nothing will be crowded...

Oh, I do have some White Pines that were here when we bought the property a year ago. They are about 8-10 ft apart, this concerns me cause they are about 24-30 ft high, should they be cut down on the inner pine tree, they are diagonally placed by apart 3-5 ft maybe, it's crazy, silly people. But I don't know what to think, should I just back off thoughts of doing anything to them?????
Sorry, one last question, I have lilac bushes that are very close to our foundation, shouldn't I have these lilacs pulled out of there so they don't root down and destroy the foundation of the house?????
Wow, thank you so much for anyone that can help this greenhorn, ha-ha! REALLY, REALLY appreciate it! Enjoy your summer, Kim :msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back