Please help this guy out, lost chainsaws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YGBSM! 2-372s and a 460. A thousand bucks?

I guess saws are a lot cheaper where yur from.
Remember they just fell out of a truck...

Story still sounds fishy to me, one would think that a guy with that class of equipment would be a bit more on the ball than to lose all 3 out of his truck. I smell a rat (or just a dumbass with more $$ than sense).

Remember they just fell out of a truck...

Story still sounds fishy to me, one would think that a guy with that class of equipment would be a bit more on the ball than to lose all 3 out of his truck. I smell a rat (or just a dumbass with more $$ than sense).

I don't consider myself a real dumba$$, but I did the same thing and lost my freshly rebuilt 930 Jonsered out of the back of my truck only a few months ago......A guy gets busy with way too many things on his plate and he just does "dumb" things....I had a ton of stuff on my mind and didn't close the gate. Sometimes you just plain forget stuff!:buttkick:

If I hadn't done it myself, I'd probably have an opinion like some others here, but I feel for the guy..........It happens and it sucks!!!:(

few weeks ago I was at the grandparents, and Grandpa and dad was telling me a story. way back in the day grandpa was coming home from the bush and he was near home on the backroads when his poulan fell outa the truck ( he didnt know where exactly), tailgate was down, as grandpa said he wasnt too mad as it was a pos lol. Anyways 20+ years later dads working for this old frenchman, and hes getting a ride with the frenchman out to the bush everyday, end up chatting, at one point dad mentions that his parents live on such and such a road, then the old frenchman says that he found a poulan saw near that road before, then dad remembers grandpa loosing his saw and tells the frenchman, which he calls BS, but says if dad brings him the serial numbers he can have the saw. Well with everything that grandpa owns he has the serial numbers written down and put away which dad got and showed the frenchman, and lo and behold it was the same saw lol. One of my fav things is to visit grandpa and listen to his stories, lots of them from the bush.

well, if it would happen to me...let`s just say I would very much prefer to be the guy who finds 3 saws gently fallen on soft grassy ground...

YGBSM! 2-372s and a 460. A thousand bucks?

I guess saws are a lot cheaper where yur from.

I was accounting for the fact they are stored in the back of a pickup truck and just skipped on the asphalt.

One a related note there was a ad on the Richmond Virginia CL a few weeks back from a man who had found there chainsaws on the side of the road. Good to see there are still some good folks out there that will take the time to return stuff to it's rightful owners.

Edit:
I was not really bashing the guy. More like busting his chops for the bonehead move.

Last edited:
Back