Plenty of work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
I'm amused by the guy standing underneath you with his hands in his pockets looking straight up at you as you're cutting that log.

"Ohhhh, that suuuuuure is a big log you're cutting!!" :rolleyes:

Its hard to soar like an eagle... :rolleyes:

Now I have an idea of the problems west coast loggers have with working in steep terrain. I had to rig a rope so I wouldn't slid down that dam incline!

Originally posted by Lumberjack
In that last pic, is that a little gut pooching out:eek: ? Is your age finally catching up Butch:p?

Carl

aaf_shifty.gif

The trees behind me in the above shot are the next in line to go. Definitely easier than these first two! Its allways best to do the worst stuff first.

Feel free to use this as your desktop, I like to call it "Viewing the Carnage". Please do not try to use this for financial gain. And if you do, kick a little back to the Old Master. :D

Cool, those ivy stalks are almost marketable size there, tho it doesnt look like its still alive. pray tell is there a malady that hurts ivy besides an 020?

Do trees down there grow a lot faster? How old would you say that one is?
Just wondering cause I would guess it's at least 60-75 yrs old and has been by that concrete canal for a long, long time without doing damage, since nefore they even built it maybe? Why do they think they need to take them out now?
Great job to have this time of year though.
Need more pics!
What's the number on the trees for, just in case you lose count? http://www.ilovewavs.com/TV/ChilShow/Sesame/Count/SSCnt01.wav :laugh:

I am the project engineer on MB's current project. This project has been on the agenda for a long time. There are currently 15 trees in this section of the canal that are causing damage to the concrete panels. The concrete canal was built in 1969. This is the first project of this nature along the canal. I have to say that MB's work is exceptional. We had a good rain on Thursday night and Friday morning, but with the extra work done to the ramp, everything is fine.

Well hello there Duckfever, and welcome to Arborist Site. So far so good on that job, the worst is over. I think. Next weeks rains ain't gonna help much, I hope the sandbagging they did does what its supposed to do. I think the next plan will be to doodle a couple of the smaller ones out of the backyards. Probably no crane at all next week.

Grab a cold one and read some threads. You might toss that engineering stuff to spend some quality time in the canopy! :)

Back