Polan 2150 How to remove old piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Kent

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do I remove the pin that goes through the piston to change piston? I think its called a wrist pin? I have a new piston, cylinder, pin and clips, however the old clip doesnt appear to be the type you can squeeze and pull out. I believe I broke out the one side that has the divot. But cant seem to grab ahold of the clip from the other side. Whats the secret guys? How do I get the stock clip out and drive the pin out and replace piston with the new clips?
The new clips can be squeezed, these old have nothing to grab ahold of. Please help!
Thanks

The clip must be burried on other end of pin, I cant even see the clip end to pick! I guess I need to get a scratch all “ice pick”. I already bent the ends of my great grandfathers starret metal compass, dumb ass me. I had nothing else to try. Very frustrated!

Wear goggles to protect your eyes and keep your mouth closed, not meant to be eaten.

Steve Sidwell
Ya, well it would be nice to find a end to pick under, I think my crankcase ate the clip from the one side. Damnit! Now I need to make sure I retrieve this clip somehow?

Heres the photo of the pin, do you see a clip?
Also what the hell is this rubber gasket for that fell out when I turned the saw over?

Attachments

• C2078103-E5C4-430B-8EDA-8FC6B231D802.jpeg
    C2078103-E5C4-430B-8EDA-8FC6B231D802.jpeg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 07B07A3F-7EE2-4FF4-926C-777EACF9C7F2.jpeg
    07B07A3F-7EE2-4FF4-926C-777EACF9C7F2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Why do I need to disassemble more, I took the top cover off and muffler and carb, then unbolted the head from bottom and slid the head off? I just need to remove pin, insert new pin and piston/rings and bolt down the clyinder again. Am I missing something, if so please explain?

I remember this saw, this is the one I said pull the muffler and inspect the piston way before the thread got to almost 80 replys and guesses. Good to hear you found you a top end kit.

Steve Sidwell

Yes sir this is me, I ordered the top end kit, very happy. Just trying to figure out how to grab the clip?

Im thinking the seal was from the case or outer shell. Not sure, it just fell off when I turned the saw over to try to shake out the clip from the engine case after the one clip broke apart.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, that's a clamshell engine. Only 4 bolts hold the bottom half to the frame. You will need to be sure you seal the bearing/seal assembly to the lower and upper with sealant. Along with the case halves. I've never tried cheating on those in fear of a leak.

Steve Sidwell

And yes, thanks to all who followed my thread and helped. Piston was inspected like you told me and the scoring was noticed. So here I am now

Oh good god, what have I unleashed? Yes it seemed to simple to be true to disassemble. Yes I believe the whole dang engine is loose after taking the 4 cylinder bolts out. What the heck do I do now aside from getting the wrist pin out. I bought some ultra copper high temp rtv.

Back