Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at all Doug as you have made it quite clear you are a dealer and any advice I have seen from you has been spot on. As per my reply to "fearofpavement" above there has been some completely bogus answers to certain questions by new members that are so wrong it's not funny.
Dealers aren't always right ;) I've learned a ton here over the years and was mostly a lurker for the vast majority of it. It's a great resource to make me better at my job. Thanks for the clarification.

How do I muffler mod this saw?

23kyf10.jpg

That's an easy one. Just TIG weld a 4" piece of pipe directly onto the cylinder.

You should delve into some of the garbage. Anybody who is sitting around on new years eve talking to people from other countries must not have anything more important to do.

You should also look at a world time clock. It is 1:22pm on the 1st of January, 2014 where I am. Plus it's 40°C so I'm sitting in under the air conditioning.

After a while of sitting back listening/learning you certainly respect the views of certain people more than others. However I think its important to have participation from new and old members and keep the forum open. We ALL love AS (exept the monkey atm), that's why we are here! But I do agree the quality of info/threads seems to be deteriorating. There is no shortage of people posting well above their pay grade but thats sometimes funny to. Sometimes I think a persons EGO is driving a thread, not one knowledge on all things chainsaw related.

..........for the rest of our benefit.

Gee thanks :) You may just want to head back over to the Stihl 261 C-M 3/8 Chain thread and re-read your last post then tell me if the last half makes any sense. You are using terminology never before seen in the world of chainsaws...

And I quote...

...What I meant to say to ya earlier fishfiend is that you can also get aftermarket bar and chain with a reduced profile width kerf which would relieve your concerns about premature wear.

Will a narrow kerf require more or less power from the chainsaw motor than removing more material with a wider kerf?

Less. Now tell me where you can buy an NK 3/8" standard bar and chain (not LP) to fit a 3003 mount MS261. That's the point I'm trying to make. I think you may be confusing standard 3/8" chain and 3/8" Low Profile chain.

So I should stop telling people to port saws with an oversize masonry bit and a hammer drill then?
I thought that was standard practice?
You're both forgetting the Blue Goo! :confused:

As per my reply to "fearofpavement" above there has been some completely bogus answers to certain questions by new members that are so wrong it's not funny.
The problem I see with heeding "wrong" advice is that there are many instances when doing the wrong thing with or to a chainsaw can be a serious risk to ones health. Most people I know have no idea how dangerous a saw can be.

And when my hammer drill port job goes bad and my $400.00 big-box saw is trashed, I'm going to hunt down treesmith and terminate him with extreme predjudice! :mad: ;)

You should also look at a world time clock. It is 1:22pm on the 1st of January, 2014 where I am. Plus it's 40°C so I'm sitting in under the air conditioning.
Grey, spitty with a breeze in my bit of Oz, still warm though and beats Scottish summer weather hands down:):):)

Hey Matt, you still have that china made 372 running? My cr@p o china top end is still making firewood. As per the bad advice, I was lucky when I got on this site. Brad, Randy, Neil, Frank and Ed all helped me out TONS. Can anybody name those guys screen names???

Latest posts

Back