Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes unless a Koala falls in there as well. They taste like crap.

I never did mind the Koalas much, but these buggers are mean.

1ew31c.jpg

but that's just my 2 cents

efkrp4.jpg

Hey Matt, you still have that china made 372 running? My cr@p o china top end is still making firewood. As per the bad advice, I was lucky when I got on this site. Brad, Randy, Neil, Frank and Ed all helped me out TONS. Can anybody name those guys screen names???

The two Chinese 365 copies I imported are still running strong with the BB top ends. Another dealer I know who imported a few as well haven't had any issues either. They are a good saw but all needed carby changes as the supplied carby was leaning out unexpectadly under load and seizing the top end. Both of the saws I imported are now fully ported and have been running fine.

Sitting in the ac, that is hard to picture rite now. its 9 degres here in maine tonite. think ill stay on the sofa for new years.

i agree about the increase in false info stuff although many have different opinions and different way's of doing things. then you got those guys that are just plain mad men. i will say that the thing about today's youth is rather offending to some including myself and i will continue to back up some youth. i can't tell you how many 40 yr olds i see who are complete dumbasses but think they know what they are doing giving bogus advice wherever they can. it's not all about age IMO. it's all about interest and how a particular person will catch on the things. i see this all to much. some people are just born dumbasses and some are born masterminds. i know alot of young guys this way and a few on this site that will make most older guys hold their head in shame. i'm not looking to start a fight here. i just have memories of older guys doubting me in the past meanwhile i knew they were idiots and had no idea what they were doing. most older guys will never admit when a younger guy knows more then them and will talk **** like "if i only knew what i knew when i was 16". my stepdad is exactly like this and i can't tell you how many times i have fixed his **** ups and showed him how to do things properly. it is just something that is burnt into my head for life now and i will always support the youth that are good and try. i'm in no way pointing fingers at anyone here and i'm not saying all old guys are dumbasses. just saying it goes both ways.

I thought you'd know as it looks like you've been to Australia at some stage? We just cut with the top of the bar instead.

Well, I was using an ax and cross cut saw when I was there, I couldn’t get close to the chain saws to see.

I was there almost two years, great time, plastic money, plenty of beer, what more could you want.

I will say one thing ,i know a heck of a lot more about saws then i did 3 years ago when i signed up here ,and am willing to give back to the site what little i have learned if it helps someone out ,and if i'm wrong about something ,these discusions are how we get the right answers

I heard that you could tell the stupid people on AS if they still have all ten fingers and toes because if you ain’t missing something, you’re not out cutting wood, you’re on the internet.

And I thought FF was for all the stuffy people. Guess us newbies need our own site for non pro dumb *****. :confused: Guess I have to stop believing everything I read on the internet.

i agree about the increase in false info stuff although many have different opinions and different way's of doing things. then you got those guys that are just plain mad men. i will say that the thing about today's youth is rather offending to some including myself and i will continue to back up some youth. i can't tell you how many 40 yr olds i see who are complete dumbasses but think they know what they are doing giving bogus advice wherever they can. it's not all about age IMO. it's all about interest and how a particular person will catch on the things. i see this all to much. some people are just born dumbasses and some are born masterminds. i know alot of young guys this way and a few on this site that will make most older guys hold their head in shame. i'm not looking to start a fight here. i just have memories of older guys doubting me in the past meanwhile i knew they were idiots and had no idea what they were doing. most older guys will never admit when a younger guy knows more then them and will talk **** like "if i only knew what i knew when i was 16". my stepdad is exactly like this and i can't tell you how many times i have fixed his **** ups and showed him how to do things properly. it is just something that is burnt into my head for life now and i will always support the youth that are good and try. i'm in no way pointing fingers at anyone here and i'm not saying all old guys are dumbasses. just saying it goes both ways.

I completely agree and I have met a number of older know alls. It is however easy to pick the young know it alls as they'll hang around and continue to argue about things they know nothing about, even when the answer is black and white.

Latest posts

Back