Poor Man's Chipper and Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

I`ve been laying low for a bit lately and have not posted in a while. A new job has me splitting my time between Pittsburgh Pa and Dulles Va..

I started out with a Toyota 4x4 and an 18hp manual feed chipper a few years ago. Here are a couple of pics of my new rig.
The chipper was purchased a year ago with a blown gas engine. I have been taking my time putting it back together. It now has a Duetz air cooled diesel( love it ), and a Rockford hand clutch. It works so much nicer than the original sliding engine set-up. I did all the fabricating and welding myself and am quite fond of how it turned out. The truck is a plain jane F350 and I plan on fabricating a dump bed of my own design this winter. Until then I use the pallet-rope-tree-shovel method:rolleyes: to dump. The big plus is I can get this small rig into tight places with no yard damage. I focus on pruning and small/medium removals so it works well for my business.

Glenn

I plan to be successful and I took this pic last month to reminde me where I stared. The chiper rips! but the truck don't dump thanks for the link on the convyor!

Hey Glenn, not a bad setup for what you're into. And the pallet/tire technique is a new one for me, but it's a good idea. Something to keep in mind if the dump ever goes...

You mean "bowline"?

By the way, go to bust Newfie's "cherry" on a "chuck'n'duck' yesterday, proving once and for all, that it's all in how ya set them up!

Last edited:
Nice rigs guys , have been whiped by a chucknduck,the guy behind me has a woodchuckwith a4cy ford. the chipper was forsale before he showed it to a guy ,they ran locus and it stoped like a clock.

my rig,
six years without a payment

f96036f8.jpg

GlennG, where your from?

Im in Moon Twp. Stay west of 19/79 and in Beaver County

GO Steelers!

Latest posts

Back