Poor quality chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need a poor quality saw, get a 33cc, 38cc, 42cc Homelite made after 2005. Flimsy plastic, Flimsy intake assy, real crappy RuiXing carb, AV is so weak - like holding jello, hard plastic pull handle that breaks

If you need a poor quality saw, get a 33cc, 38cc, 42cc Homelite made after 2005. Flimsy plastic, Flimsy intake assy, real crappy RuiXing carb, AV is so weak - like holding jello, hard plastic pull handle that breaks
It's really sad to see what Homelite, Mac, and Poulan were to what wears their name now.

I don't know if I ever responded to the OP.

I had a 450 a few years back. When I pared back on saws it was sold because it didn't hold sentimental value and others did. In the time I owned it I probably cut more than most homeowners do in a decade and it held up great. Granted it's not a 550 but it had good power and I didn't have a single issue with it.

I'm thinking the OP may have been having flooding issues. Sounds like he didn't have either saw long enough to learn its idiosyncrasy.
Speaking of electric chainsaws, I do think they're a good solution for many homeowners. Case in point. I visited my mom in Germany in 1996. We picked up an electric Oregon chainsaw to do some heavy tree trimming. Then I visited her again last week. (20 years later). The electric saw was just where I left it in their basement. She said no one had used it since I was there previously. I hooked it up to a long extension cord and cut down and bucked up some small trees. Put it back on the shelf until???

Ive been a Stihl and a husky man for years. But the past 5 odd years has seen both brands turn to chinese crap.
Im mow using Shindaiwa. FULLY Japanese and never any issues. They are still built like Stihl and Husky used to be.
I have 3 of them and they are all awesome

I will say this for husqvarna for their newer plastic case saws, I believe they are over priced for what they are. They are a little better than poulans, but cost way too much. If they would come down on their price I don't think there would be as many complaints.

Back